Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Luckykboxer
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Kenpo Karate, Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, Boxing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: K1 Fights Reply with quote

Ok I am a bit shocked still, But a converted boxer won it..

granted I think the competition was serious deplete of great talent, I am still surprised. Cater Williams was knocked out, even though to that point he was winning the fight handily.

It still makes me take a step back and wonder how did this happen..

I have to take a closer look at all this because I am quite confused that someone who only recently started actual kickboxing was able to win this fight.

Go Mighty Mo /shrug

Vito
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: grappling, striking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, im going to go with the good ol'... anything can happen in a fight, boxers are more than youd think sometimes (not that i give them more than kickboxers), and uh, hell i dont know. maybe that lack of talent you mentioned? could be specific issues too, what was happening to each fighter, etc etc... when it shows on tv they might talk about it, have some "experts" explain hopefully.

Rich_2k3
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Trodai Karate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly all boxers who enter K-1 lose. I watched a fight the other night between a boxer and a mauy thai fighter, K-1 rules state that boxers are aloud to wear their boxing shoes as long as they dont throw kicks. The boxer didnt get 1 punch in and just kept taken kicks to the thigh and falling down, until he didnt get back up. Thats what usually happens to boxers, they get nailed by the kicks, especially when they decide to wear boxing shoes and not kick (effectivley removing 50% of their arsenal).

This was obviously a freak occurance that u witnessed. Now i'm not having ago at boxing, i'm actually a long term fan, but in the K-1 arena they nearly never make it, its a statistical fact. They are fighting with 50% of their arsenal and having to absorb strikes in places where they are not used to being hit and in a way the are not used to being hit (kicks). The best and in my opinion, the only way a boxer can make it, is if he cross trains in a martial art, but still, he will have limited experience with kicking and that will be his downfall.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: