Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

jpsfl1791
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Kali Reply with quote

[i]who trains in Kali and can give information on its practically?[color=red][/color][/i]

RW
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no done kali as a standalone art.

But my dojo offered kali and then a well known kali guy gave a bunch of seminars and since I *used* to like kali (up to the point I went to the seminars, I stopped liking it after the seminars) I went to several of them.

My problem with kali is that it's too based in flows. "Oh, I will do A because the other guy will do B, then I will do C because he will do D. Then we will switch round and he will to A because I did B....". Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2SvfQnD5s

another problem I have is the sticks aren's such a good weapon, is it? They're sticks alright. They may be easy to move, but they lack weight and power. Imagine the damage a baseball bat can do. A single kali stick strike is not going to do that.

sure, the kali stick is supposed to represent a machete... but it's nothing like a machete. machetes are flat and have an edge. Hit something with the side of a machete and it does nothing, but with a stick, you got no way of telling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: