Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

shukokai2000
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: shukokai shito-ryu ... boxing/kick boxing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Karate England Reply with quote

I see "Karate England" has gone bump AGAIN. do we need a Governing body such as this?
here is a statement from the sports council

Sport England suspended funding to Karate England (Karate England 2005 Limited) on 9 August 2006 due to serious concerns about its financial management and governance. Action was taken as soon as these concerns were brought to our attention.

Prior to the suspension of funding, Sport England investment into Karate England in the financial year 2006/07 was £204,000. The total allocated to the sport was £500,000; the remainder will not be released until we are satisfied that our investment will be appropriately spent.

Karate England was formally constituted in November 2005. Due to concerns raised about governance of the NGB by Sport England’s client manager as part of our regular monitoring process, Sport England appointed Deloitte to undertake a review in March 2006. The findings of this review (June 2006) identified a number of immediate actions to improve the governance and financial management of the NGB. These included the appointment of a finance director to review the NGB’s finances in more detail and implement the report’s recommendations. A finance director was duly appointed by Karate England in July 2006.

On Friday 4th August, he raised a number of serious concerns and informed Sport England that in his opinion the NGB could be trading insolvently. A formal decision was taken on 9th August 2006 to suspend the release of any further funding to Karate England (KE).

We are committed to the future of the sport of karate in England and will continue to advise the sport through this process. However, before we can resume funding, Karate England must demonstrate how it intends to meet its financial commitments and produce a clear business plan outlining its proposals for the future. Karate England understands our request and has undertaken to provide this information.

This is Englands governing body, we are supposed to trust !
All i can add is these guys probaly have very nice houses though !

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, it is a little muddy to me. I have trouble figuring out what is going on there. Is the NGB fudging, or Karate England? "Trading insolvently" stumps me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: