Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Shotokan_Fighter
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate 4 life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: karate Gis Reply with quote

what do you guys think of Gis do you think that types of gis help you preform better ect. i think that the gi matters alot i remeber when i started i had a original gi a student gi about till i wa a blue belt then i got this Ironman Gi and it is so much better it made me fell like i was doing karate so much better do any of you fell the same

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

tommarker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a good uniform i think will make your techniques feel very crisp. especially when you can get it to snap on a punch or kick.

other times, i wanna take that sweaty stinky thing off and just wear a t-shirt

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing beats a nice heavyweight gi. A nice middleweight gi is also great for those HOT summer days. Anything else is a waste of $$$.

Budderfly
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in a backissue of Black Belt Magazine that all white uniforms make you look "crisp" and solid, and all black uniforms make you look faster. The best way to appear both solid and fast is to wear black pants and a white top. It looks very smart too. NEVER wear black top and white pants though, it'll make you look "squashed".

ninjanurse
KF VIP

Styles: TKD;Shotokan;JuJitsu;Tai Ji

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice heavy and crisp Gi will make your punches and kicks sound good but the trick is to have "snap" in your techniques while wearing a t shirt and shorts.
http://the100info.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Budderfly
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, if you are using the gi to make your form look and sound better then I think you need to practise your form more.

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm with budderfly; you shouldn't have to have a spiffy uniform for your moves to be crisp and snap. the best martial artist i've ever personally seen had a single uniform, standard, and nothing else. no weapons, no bags, no nothing. he usually trained shirtless, by the way. he moves were still crisp and such. none of that fancy, heavy weight iron man stuff for me.

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did y'all understand that? i just read it and i myself was having touble comprehending what i said
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: