Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

CCIE
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Karate in England. National and Regions Championship Reply with quote

I am new here. and my question is:

how to get to the national championship. Do I have to make a region championship to get there. or I can directly go there.

PS: I am in London

I will perhaps be in London next Year and it will be very nice to know this.

Thanks

andym
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which championship, which organisation , association etc etc ? Karate is massively fragmented in England - bad internal politics.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to KarateForums!!

Find the organization that you want to compete with. Then, join said organization, if that's required. Then, understand ALL of the rules/regulations in which you'll be entering. Then, start entering tournaments that are in line with it's National equivalent. Then, start placing high, and of course win some as well. Then, start following, from the start, your score, the higher the score, the better because if you're not placing with respectful score, you'll not get the invite to the Nationals of that association. Win the key Championships get you into the Nationals automatically. Placing in the top 3 in the key Championships consistently gets you an invite to the Nationals of the association.

Good luck and keep us informed!!

CCIE
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I will be honest with you!!!

I started Karate Shotokan 1998 for 2 Years. in 2000 I was in the national team of my country I was 19.

I am not a dreamer. I am just someone who believe in his Willing.

Since then due to Study and Job I didnīt train myself till 2009. Then I came back with not a professional training but I did 14 tournaments in this year. in October I went to the World championship in Hunger. SKDUN Federation (traditional Karate) I made 3. Place.

I am a 1. Dan Belt.

Now I am almost 34. and still believe in myself. I want to make it to the World championship WKF !!!

I know I know most of you will say "are you serious it s a tournaments for People who were training for years and are still young"

But I believe in myself, and I know I have Karate Shotokan in my blood even in my bones.

So you gonna help me or what !!!

Thanks for you quick answer.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you currently training and are a member of a school? Which organisation are you a member of as that is probably the easiest way to find tournaments to go to.

If you want to compete internationally you have to start making the rounds on the regional/national circuit and get noticed. Then get invited to begin training with the national squad or get asked to come to some sort of trials. At least that's how it works for TKD in the UK and I don't imagine that Karate is dissimilar.

Harkon72
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Okinawan Karate, Aikido, Ninpo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a member of a Shotokan Governing Body?

Maybe this is a good place to start; http://www.esku.co.uk/

It's members might offer a place on a team or as an individual in open Karate Championships.

Whatever path you take, I wish you luck.

CCIE
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you answers.

Right now I am in Germany. in 2014 I will be in London.

If I did understand you I have to make a regional championship to get to the national championship.

OK I WILL.

I am full Power and I feel my self very ready to fight.

AdamKralic
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are age brackets...there is no reason why you could not compete. I have frequently seen 35 and over divisions in NASKA. They have grand championships for that division of course.

Just think...YOU'D BE THE YOUNG ONE! Until you got to that age division you'd be against 18 - 34 year olds. IMO a perfect set up as you have a few "practice" tournaments until you hit the 35 and up division.

All that being said? There are some INCREDIBLE fighters that are older than 35. My son's traveling team teacher was a 10 time CONSECUTIVE national champion. He is 46 and still fights occasionally. He is still winning most of what he attends. I've talked with him a lot...he is still going hard because A)it's in his blood, B) He wants to do a high level bare knuckle tournament before easing into teacher only mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: