Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

muttley
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Karate Kid Part II Reply with quote

Ah, finished my set of night shifts, this morning, after my sleep, I wake up to see that Karate Kid Part II is on Sky Movies, what a way to spend the afternoon, not the best of the series but certainly not the worse (and still better than the Kung Fu remake!)

Favourite quotes: "Mr. Miyagi: Aha... here are the Two Rules of Miyagi-Ryu Karate. Rule Number One: "Karate for defense only." Rule Number Two: "First learn Rule Number One.""

"Miyagi: Daniel-san, never put passion before principle. Even if win, you lose."

"Mr. Miyagi: Remember, best block, no be there."

Got to love Mr Miyagi!

liger
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: RyobuKai (Shindo Jinen Ryu)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved all 5 movies personally. Yet the quotes that you posted are really basic for all martial arts in my opinion. Defence only - No room in Martial arts for arrogance - A good way not to get hit is just be out of the range or way.

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the second is the best of the lot myself. I've never beed a fan of the "defense only" thing myself. But it depends on the precise definition of the word. But that's another discussion.

liger
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: RyobuKai (Shindo Jinen Ryu)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tallgeese wrote:
I think the second is the best of the lot myself. I've never beed a fan of the "defense only" thing myself. But it depends on the precise definition of the word. But that's another discussion.

Yeah there is a lot that can be said about this. My quick opinion is situational. sometimes you have to strike first to be defensive especially if they have any kind of weapon. Just quick thought, if someone wants to start a topic would be a fun read.

I honestly want to see a 2nd of the new movies too. Just needs to feel like this one.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy watching all the trilogy, and also the fourth one to a lesser extent. The character of Miyagi is one of the best movie martial artist overall. I must say that the remake was not very interesting, having Jackie Chan in a lead role is what made it passably interesting.

neoravencroft
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Wing Chun, JKD, Uechi-Ryu, Escrima, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just like all of the movies. Personally in a MA standpoint, I liked the remake seeing as Jackie Chan knows martial arts whereas Pat Morita did not. Don't get me wrong, I still love the entire franchise for what it is, but knowing MA kinda adds credibility to the film IMHO.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoravencroft wrote:
I just like all of the movies. Personally in a MA standpoint, I liked the remake seeing as Jackie Chan knows martial arts whereas Pat Morita did not. Don't get me wrong, I still love the entire franchise for what it is, but knowing MA kinda adds credibility to the film IMHO.

Morita was basically playing Fumio Demura the whole time. Not a bad thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: