Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Tim Greer
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People used to ask me "So, tell me about yourself" and I'd always eventually work into the conversation that I am a Navy Seal, and they always say "Wow!? Really!?", and I say "No, not really". Then I think, "Wow, they are kind of dumb".

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and sometimes during a conversation i'l hold my breath until i turn blue and have to be rushed to the hospital. It's quite a rush.

Angus

Tim Greer
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-07-24 04:17, Angus wrote:
Yeah, and sometimes during a conversation i'l hold my breath until i turn blue and have to be rushed to the hospital. It's quite a rush.

Angus

No way!!!? You do that too!? Huh, small world...

Anyway, you'll have to excuse me, it's a little after 2:30 AM here and I have to go stand in the middle of the road for exactly 1 hour and 34 minutes and water the street -- every night, without fail -- really freaks the neighbors out...

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny.. alot of SEALS that I've grappled with won't tap for a choke.. they will just pass out thinking that they have 2 minutes of lung capacity to fight with...... they don't realize till after i wake them up and tell them that I was cutting off blood to the head so it only takes about 15 seconds at the most. They are some tuff mutha's though.

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to train with some seals while I was in the navy..I was at portsmouth naval base in virginia from 1988 to 1990 and was one of the bases physical fitness drill instructors...these guys were often imitated or impersonated...but the real deal guys were no joke...theres alot of guys out there saying they are or used to be seals..be wary and keep in mind they(the U.S. Navy Seals) also have ther own code..a real seal would not be walking around bragging to everyone about Im a real life rambo..I have also had a lot of brutal workouts in my day but i will never forget the qualification test for budsmen school. I took about a week to recover and to these guys it was just a warm up.. i passsed but I had to join on for another six year tour if I wanted to become a member..anyway what I really want to point out is that the level of skill and discipline are for real with team members and not the stuff of movies and barroom stories..these guys deserve alot of respect

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a conversation with a seal once, he was really big and tough looking so i gave him the fish i just caught and he jumped back into the water....

Angus

ts757
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't this conversation meant to be about what is reasonable discipline for students? Rather that who's kicked a Navy Seal in the crotch to see which of their testicles will implode first?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: