Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: KarateForums.com Awards 2003 - You Can Nominate! Reply with quote

Hello.

Welcome to the second annual KarateForums.com Awards. There awards are intended to recognize just a few of the outstanding (and humorous) contributions made by KarateForums.com users. These awards will take into consideration all forum activity from October 19, 2002 to October 18, 2003. For instance, users must be nominated based on their activity in this period and threads/articles nominated must have been started/published in this same period of time.

You will make your nominations by sending a PM to http://www.karateforums.com/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=2715 - you do not have to nominate for every category. You can nominate for as many or as few as you would like.

From the most popular nominations, the actual nominees for each award will be chosen and by using the poll system available on these forums, you will be able to vote for the winners!

So, without further ado, here are this years categories:

1. Member of the Year
This award is intended to acknowledge a person who starts interesting topics and contributes intelligent and helpful opinions and suggestions. This should be the model member, in your eyes. Current staff members (Sempais, Senseis and Administrator) are not able to participate in this award.

2. Staff Member of the Year
Basically, the same as Member of the Year, except that this award is for current staff members (Sempais, Senseis and Administrators) only, if you are unsure of who is on staff, please visit http://www.karateforums.com/staff.php for a complete listing.

3. Funniest Member of the Year
Humor is an important aspect of the forums and this award recognizes the member who has brought a smile to your face many a time. This person should have a good clean sense of humor and can be either a staff member or normal member.

4. Thread of the Year
This award distinguishes your favorite thread from all the others. This thread may have helped you out, taught you something new or just had a great discussion in it. It should also be martial arts related.

5. Article of the Year
New this year. This award distinguishes your favorite article that was published in the KarateForums.com Articles section in the past year. Whether the article enlightened or inspired you, this is the place to recognize it.

6. Funniest Thread of the Year
This final award distinguishes this thread as the funniest one yet. This thread should have made you laugh till you were blue in the face. This thread must exhibit good, clean humor.

There are just two nomination rules:

1. Only one user/thread/article can be nominated for EACH award. Only one choice per award, in other words.

2. You can not nominate yourself, a thread that you have started or an article that you wrote for any of the awards.

So, that's all there is to it. Please nominate for KarateForums.com Awards 2003. We need as many nominations as possible. Once again, you can nominate by sending a PM to http://www.karateforums.com/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=2715 - the due date for nominations will be November 1, 2003 at 10 PM Central US time.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me or reply to this thread. Please do not put your nominations in this thread.

Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to bring this up again. Please nominate!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep nominating everyone! We need as many as we can get. Any questions, let me know.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we're about 36 hours away from nominations closing. So, please, everyone who wants to... get those nominations in!

Thanks.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 hours away, exactly.

telsun
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Okinawan Goju-ryu, Ju-jitsu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND THE WINNERS ARE................??

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First the voting must take place. Can't vote without nominees.

telsun
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Okinawan Goju-ryu, Ju-jitsu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaiFightsMS wrote:
First the voting must take place. Can't vote without nominees.

Patrick wrote:
12 hours away, exactly.

Posted Sat Nov 01, 10.01am.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to factory restore my PC, upgrade to XP Pro and add everything back onto the hard drive. This took longer than I thought it would because I want into problem after problem. It's not 100% settled now, but I am online. This gave any late nominations as opportunity to get in. The nominations are now closed.

From these nominations, ballots will be crafted. Those ballots will then be posted as polls and users will be able to vote in each and every category.

Thank you.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I would like to thank everyone who did nominate. I appreciate it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: