Joined: 01 May 2001
Location: Los Angeles, California
|Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:31 pm Post subject: KarateForums.com Awards 2018: Vote For Your Favorites!
Welcome to the voting period for the 17th annual KarateForums.com Awards!
Through these awards, we recognize just a few of the individuals who have made outstanding contributions to KarateForums.com in the past year.
You submitted your nominations and, from those, we have our KarateForums.com Awards 2018 nominees. In all, 19 different members have been nominated in the various categories that make up this year's awards. They are MatsuShinshii, singularity6, P.A.L (first time nominee!), OneKickWonder (first time nominee!), Wayofaswede (first time nominee!), Fat Cobra (first time nominee!), sensei8, bushido_man96, DWx, JR 137, Lupin1, TJ-Jitsu, Wastelander, shortyafter (first time nominee!), neoravencroft, cheesefrysamurai, Bulltahr, Alan Armstrong and Spartacus Maximus. Congratulations to all of you!
JR 137, sensei8 and singularity6 lead in nominations with 4, followed by bushido_man96 and OneKickWonder with 3. Our historical award numbers have been updated and several members have hit new milestones! Congratulations to DWx on reaching 25 nominations (now with 26, third all-time), JR 137 on reaching 15 (now with 16, fifth all-time) and Alan Armstrong, cheesefrysamurai, Lupin1 and singularity6 (now with 7) on each of them reaching 5!
With the ballots crafted, it is now time to vote.
What You Should Know Before Voting
1. These awards take into consideration all community activity between October 19, 2017 and October 18, 2018. You should vote based upon activity during this period - not activity prior to or after it.
2. To vote, you must have a KarateForums.com account with at least 10 posts made on or before October 18, 2018.
3. You cannot vote for yourself.
4. Your votes will be kept private. We do not publicly reveal who voted for whom.
5. Please do not attempt to artificially inflate our vote totals in any way. This includes, but is not limited to: Trading votes, encouraging people to vote indiscriminately (publicly or privately), sending spam and any other behavior that could lead to results being artificially skewed. Members found to be participating in these activities will be disqualified from nomination in any category.
6. Please note that you do not have to vote in every category. You can vote in as many or as few as you would like - please go for as many as you feel comfortable with. The more valid votes we receive, the better!
The categories are listed below. For each category, you will find a link to the ballot where you can vote.
Member of the Year
New Member of the Year
Community Spirit Award
Staff Member of the Year
Funniest Member of the Year
Karate Contributor of the Year
Equipment Contributor of the Year
Health, Training and Fitness Contributor of the Year
Instructor Central Contributor of the Year
Voting will be closed on November 25, 2018 at 8 PM Eastern (UTC -5). Please do not post your votes in this or any thread.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to private message me or reply here.
Thank you for reading and for visiting KarateForums.com. Your participation in these awards is what makes them meaningful. I can't wait to see who you vote for this year.
Patrick O'Keefe - KarateForums.com Administrator
Have a suggestion or a bit of feedback relating to KarateForums.com? Please contact me!
KarateForums.com Articles - KarateForums.com Awards - Member of the Month - User Guidelines