Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to all, and thank you to those who voted for me! This community is a cherished place!

Himokiri Karate
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Styles: Boxing, Korean Karate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much and what an honor and rollercoaster this year was!

A bit of a confession if you will. Most years I trained in boxing and dabbled in judo/sambo. As a kid I did a bit of Shotokan, in 2014 I did a bit of kyokushin. But I must be honest, last spring I went hard and jumped in extremely deep in to Tang Soo Do/Taekwondo or Korean karate training as well as learning the culture, history and what it all meant and where it came from and the brutality of Korean war. The book Inside U also inspired me and so did Karate Kid/Cobra Kai series.

I have had bad experience with the culture of boxing and yet I am MADLY IN LOVE with boxing techniques. This contrast has created a contradiction and indecisiveness in my actions and convictions until I found the ultimate super dojang that taught something that was beyond intense and truly life changing and of course very brutal.

This forced me to really become a better raw foodist, learn deep sleep and truly dive in to the world of meditation and recovery so I can meet the demands of training. This Korean Karate training is off the record and done in private. Yet it has changed me and my cardio is incomparable to former times being in being good shape and I have trained in almost every single style and training modalities.

The Future:

For me, I have taken all the karate training and I am combining it with my boxing techniques. This is what karate has meant to me. It has provided a home, culture that welcomes my boxing technique. The stance of Korean Karate is the "home" where my boxing skills can reside in. The dojo/dojang is a place to learn communication skills, professionalism and even business. To understand not everyone needs immediate fighting technique but rather folks need their minds to engage in tasks in order to learn to problem solve on smaller levels so they build their confidence up. Problem with combat sporting coaches is, if you are not a champion, then you are person of no value and I greatly resent that. Martial arts and sports should be about problem solving that requires the ability to adapt and adopt different temperaments. The dojo/dojang is the lab that allows ideas, styles and creativity to prosper and opportunities are given to students to teach and express their intelligence through how they interpret the techniques and skills they learn.

Thank you again for this recognition and it means a lot since I have been a member since 2009 but this year was truly the year that my body/mind and soul was immersed in karate.

TANG SOO!

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: MCM WING CHUN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool you have these awards..

"When the student is ready the master will appear"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! For the health and fitness award.

A little twist on a Bruce Lee quote: ~ Don't pray for an easy 2022, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one ~

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: