Joined: 01 May 2001
Location: Los Angeles, California
|Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:50 pm Post subject: KarateForums.com MMA Picks User Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in the KarateForums.com MMA Picks competition.
When participating, please keep the following guidelines in mind.
1. The fight leagues that we post fight cards from are UFC and Affliction.
2. All picks must be posted by 10:00 AM ET on the day of the event as judged by the time stamp on the post. Any picks posted after this point will not be counted.
3. If you skip or fail to select all of the picks for a given event, each skipped pick will be marked as a loss. The same goes for if you accidentally select both fighters participating in the same match.
4. If you would like to change picks that you have already posted, please post the changes in a new reply to the picks thread for the given event. If you do not include all picks from the event, the only picks changed will be the ones that you include in the new reply. The rest of your previous picks will stand. The most recent pick that you make for a given match will be the pick that you are given for said match. If you post your new picks after the deadline for picks, the changes will not be counted. In order to preserve the integrity of the results, post editing is not permitted.
5. For picks to be counted, they must be posted in the designated fight card thread. Please post only picks in the fight card thread for the event specified - discussion should take place in the proper forum. For discussion of MMA matches, please use Martial Arts Entertainment. If you post your picks outside of the designated fight card thread, they will not be counted.
6. If you ever feel that a mistake has been made in scoring, please contact Rusty (pittbullJudoka) and me with the details, as opposed to posting about it in the forums. It will be investigated and a correction will be made, if appropriate.
7. If a fight ends in a no contest, draw or disqualification, the fight will not be counted.
8. If there is a change to the fight card, we will update it as soon as possible. However, you are responsible for making changes to your picks, as a player. If you pick a fighter that has been replaced, and you do not change the pick, the replacement fighter will be your selection.
9. The person who has the most wins at the end of an event is considered the winner of that event. There are no tiebreakers, so multiple people can be considered the winner. If an event has less than 3 completed matches in it, there is no winner selected for the event, but the picks will still count in the total standings. Events include both the main card and preliminary matches.
10. For the purpose of standings, the year is divided into two seasons: one running from January 1 through June 30 and the other running from July 1 through December 31.
Please remember that this is a game and it is for everyone's enjoyment. Please do not take it too seriously. As with all posts on KarateForums.com, our User Guidelines apply to all contributions made in relation to this game.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Rusty (pittbullJudoka) or me.
Thank you for reading, for your interest in the competition and for visiting KarateForums.com.
Let's Help sensei8 in His Time of Need
Patrick O'Keefe - KarateForums.com Administrator
Have a suggestion or a bit of feedback relating to KarateForums.com? Please contact me!
KarateForums.com Articles - KarateForums.com Awards - Member of the Month - User Guidelines