Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

monkeygirl
KF VIP

Styles: Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, we got a group picture in class with all of the people who tested for BB, it's supposed to go in the local newspaper. I haven't seen it yet but they took it AFTER class so I suppose it's pretty nasty. That's the only one I have.

I'm a brace-face now!! I got braces on Thursday (yes, at age 15)...I swear my parents did it on purpose. They say I can't date 'til I'm 16 but I'll have a mouth full of metal!!!
Oh well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? I got orange and black band thingies for halloween.

Meanwhile, benedictbm is wondering what's so bad about braces...he just got his off!

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother (13) is starting to get his braces. He got the top brackets put on the other day.

I have also had braces, which have been off for a few years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK .... back to the pics, "BRACE" yourself... I have some pics of my "big day"...
Reminder: This is by no means a "beauty" contest. Hopefully, we can have some true sweat and grit pics of what it takes to do what we all do here. I mean if you look pretty doing it this, then you got it going! ... but really, (how about some body brace pics I have a few of those )
I posted some pics in the album just now from last week, unfortunately my speed breaks were just too fast for the camera (ahem) but have this one--#1 is the roundhouse speed (check out the :pony: ), #2 is floor drills corners and walls tension kicks, #3 sparring and #4 (portrait section) after test posing in "new instructor" dobok (me & my best friend who also tested for 2nd dan).
I'm sure there will be more on my school's web site shortly (probably the out takes so I'll let you know when they get posted there.

Too bad we don't have more room for captions/descriptions, but maybe we can do it here as we post!

Last edited by KickChick on Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! Nice kicks by the way! =)

What was your sparring like ? The sparrring was always real hardcore where I did kickboxing, people still had bruises the next week.

Good to see the board break in there, that keeps me happy!

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I tested for my first black belt it was far more brutal (not to say this was a piece of cake or anything).... we sparred every black belt seated at the testiing table. I only had to spar my best friend who was also going for 2nd .... and we both teach cardio so .... a 5 minute spar was a "piece of cake" ... and we concentrated on technique rather than beating the snot out of each other.
This test was entirely different for me and I personally found it physically easier. (I have been a bb for 3 years now so I felt far more confident) however, as I had mentioned I had to learn 2 new forms/katas in a matter of 5 weeks (keeping with the requirements of a new union our school joined....) so 2nd dans need to know a total of 3 forms/katas. Testing for bb you need to do up to your belt level which is nine ... and by then you should have them all pretty much "nailed down".
Thanks Bon .... the breaks were what I was most concerned about. I'm a power breaker (more experience doing)... not a speed breaker, but I did them first shot. (credit my hubbie for the shots!)

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post Your Pics
http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=182&start=435

As you can see by the amount of posts to this particular thread (Post your Pics) here in this forum .... THIS THREAD USED TO RULE HERE MANY MANY MONTHS AGO!!! WHAT HAPPENED FOLKS???

[b]WE NOW HAVE A GREAT FEATURE... THE KARATEFORUMS PHOTO ALBUM!!! (up top there on left hand side of page...under "Sponsored by Kickboxing.com"!)

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE "SHOW ME yours AND I'LL SHOW YOU mine"

ok ok ... So we have lots of new members here now ... and YES some new staff members (ahem "Sempais"!!) .... wouldn't it be cool to know what we all look like, (ok so spinninggumby is an exception ... just kidding SG!)
what are "styles" look like in action? What are clubs and schools look like from the in or outside? Maybe even interesting pics of your country ....

Let's start doing some UPLOADING FOLKS!!!!!

Don't make me come over there and kick you!

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would post my picture if I had a scanner or I had a picture on the internet I would. I got one on a CD disk but it isn't working, that's too bad.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: