Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: KarateForums.com Survivor 2 - Final Challenge Reply with quote

Hello Ken and Tammy.

First of all, welcome to the final challenge. You were both very active and both played a good game and you have made it to the final challenge. Congratulations.

The winner of this challenge will be allowed to pick one item from the KarateForums.com Merchandise Store. The item will be able to cost $15.50 at maximum (not including shipping). So, the winner will have their pick from many cool items: White T, Teddy Bear, Lunch Box, Mug, Mousepad, Wall Clock, Flying Disc, Baseball Cap, Black Cap, Ski Cap, Sticker (Rectangle), Sticker (Oval) or Tote Bag.

Don't count your chickens yet though. Lets get to the game:

Individual Challenge 5 (8 Overall): Create Your Own MA Style

You are to create your own MA style. There is absolutely NO guideline. You are to come up with up with a presentation of this style. You are to send it via PM by clicking the link below:

http://www.karateforums.com/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=745

After the deadline, I will post both of them publicly and we will ask the users to vote on which one they like better. I will not be revealing who did which until the game is over and I am going to do whatever I can to make sure that the results are not in the open (maybe vote via PM).

I want to give you guys an adequate amount of time, so lets make the deadline Friday, April 25 at 10 PM CST.

Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

kchenault
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: TKD, little Hap Ki Do, Target Focus Training

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick,
Are you wanting something like an ad or what. I'm not quite sure I am following what you are after. Are you looking for indepth explanations of technqiues or just an overall flavor of the style. I mean I could write some fantastic piece of fiction and pass it off as a MA style, but it would be completely bogus. Just wanting some clarafication here. Thanks.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, really the point is for me to not put any sort of guideline on it. Come up with an MA style, thats about it and present it how you want. I am not after anything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kchenault wrote:
Patrick,
Are you wanting something like an ad or what. I'm not quite sure I am following what you are after. Are you looking for indepth explanations of technqiues or just an overall flavor of the style. I mean I could write some fantastic piece of fiction and pass it off as a MA style, but it would be completely bogus. Just wanting some clarafication here. Thanks.

This was a challange that was part of the first survivor game and one I think should be a classic challange for us.

There were submissions in the last one that were serious and some that were what you could consider a fantastic piece of fiction. Be serious or be funny. Just enjoy what you are creating.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the most important thing to remember that you are speaking to a large group of people - the KarateForums.com Users. I will not be the judge of this. How the users vote is who will win Survivor.

Good luck.

kchenault
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, do we have the option for pictures like with the articles?

monkeygirl
KF VIP

Styles: Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm procrastinating this one really bad
It's a very daunting challenge.

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

kchenault
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't started yet either. I have a good idea forming n my head though. Good luck monkeygirl, I know I need it.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures... sure, why not.

monkeygirl
KF VIP

Styles: Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to you, too Ken

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: