Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: KarateForums.com Turns 16 and a Half! Reply with quote

As has now become customary at KarateForums.com, every half anniversary a staff member has the honour to address the community in celebration of this milestone. This year, I feel very privileged to be able to celebrate this anniversary with the community and share my thoughts with you.

While I was thinking about different topics I could discuss today, I thought about my own experience with KarateForums.com and how those of you, who take the time to read and contribute here, have impacted me. I joined KarateForums.com back in 2007 in an effort to try to learn and understand more about martial arts. Now, 10 years later, I'm still here, still reading and still learning. A lot has changed for me, both personally, and in my martial arts life, yet KarateForums.com is still here, and I still get excited to read new posts and topics. This led me to think about how both I, and the community, have changed over the years and to think about what it is that keeps me coming back.

As martial artists, we have to be prepared to adapt and grow over the course of our training. For most of us, it is a lifelong journey and our circumstances may change many times over. It can be challenging to move forward. Over the course of our training, we may train at different schools or with different teachers or even in different styles. We may have to adapt to injury or physical limitations, adjust our strategies and tactics and persevere through difficulty. There can also be changes in our personal circumstances which will influence our training; we may get married, have kids, move to a different area and change jobs. Yet even though these changes can disrupt our martial arts journey, we can all guarantee that the wider martial arts community will be there to support us when we need it, to celebrate our successes and to help guide us through any difficult times.

KarateForums.com is part of this wider community.

During my 10 years here, I’ve changed a lot. I have experienced successes and experienced failures and have had challenges I’ve needed to face. What keeps me coming back to KarateForums.com is that the community has always been there to support me. Whilst members have come and gone there is one thing that remains consistent here: KarateForums.com is a community where you can find that support, where you can celebrate your successes and where you can find that guidance, if you need it.

There are many places on the internet to discuss martial arts but few where, whatever your background or belief, you are respected and encouraged to share your opinions. Few places where you can feel part of a wider community that wants you to succeed. We will all experience challenges on our martial arts journeys, and the community at KarateForums.com will be there to support you. In this respect, KarateForums.com has never changed. 16 and a half years is a fantastic achievement for any website, and the longevity of this community is a testament to the community spirit that exists here.

KarateForums.com is more than just a website, it is a community with real community values. I hope that never changes.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a wonderful post. Thank you, Danielle. This community is always something I am tremendously proud to be a part of, and you have well-articulated the reasons why. This is a special place, and you are one of the reasons that is true.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx,

Well put. Solid post!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Danielle, well said.

Happy Anny, KF!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy 16 and a half Birthday, KarateForums.com; may you have many, many more!!

Danielle, put in words with such spirit and understanding just how valuable KarateForums.com has been all these many years, and it will continue to fill the needs of KF members for those many years to come.

The vision of Patrick is that exclamation point to any sentence that any KF members has ever written about KarateForums.com, as how KF was that light at the end of the tunnel, even when that light was quite dim. Thank you, Patrick for your undeniable vision, as well as the guidance that you share with each and every KF member unselfishly.

I could go on and on touting about KF because KF deserves that gratitude!! Happy 16 and a half birthday, KarateForums.com!!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Bob. I appreciate your kindness. Our community is special place, full of wonderful people.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Our community is special place, full of wonderful people.

Patrick

By all means!!!!!

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your post, Danielle, and happy half-birthday to the forum!
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for that post, Danielle. Truly one of the best and most accurate posts I’ve read anywhere in quite some time.

I’d say here’s to 16.5 more, but I’ve got a feeling it’ll be far more than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: