Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: KarateForums.com Turns 19 Years Old! Reply with quote

Hey all,

KarateForums.com is 19 years old today. Honestly, I'm not sure what to say, but I am going to share what comes to mind immediately.

I love that we're still having meaningful conversations after so long. It's fun that we've had multiple members return after being away for several years and be like, "hey, I'm glad you're still here." That's a unique thing that only happens with communities that exist over a long period of time. I always get a kick out of that.

We're not as active as we once were, but that's okay. Communities ebb and flow, and there is nothing wrong with having a good, core group of people. I'm grateful for those who contribute thoughtful posts to our community. Members like ashworth, aurik, Bulltahr, CTTKDKing, Fat Cobra, hammer, Himokiri Karate, JazzKicker, LastKing, Nevinyrral, P.A.L, rhilllakefield, RW, Spartacus Maximus, scohen0300, Spodo Komodo, Tempest, and Wado Heretic.

I'm fortunate to have a great group on staff who exemplify what the community is all about and work behind the scenes to keep things in a good place. Thank you to bushido_man96, DWx, tallgeese, Wastelander, sensei8, Lupin1, Nidan Melbourne, JR 137, and mazzybear.

We're running old software with weird quirks. I'm looking at possibly changing that, but don't want to make any promises or talk about timelines as I've loosely discussed it before and had other things take priority.

I don't want to look forward too quickly, but May 21, 2021 will be 20 years of KF, and that is such a crazy mark. We have members who will chart growth within their life and martial arts journey with their time spent here, who know where they were when they joined and where they are now, and the happy and sad moments in between. It's such an amazing thing that this community has been a part of those lives, and it's one of the things that stands out the most.

Thank you for helping to make this a special place.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a solid OP, Patrick!!

19 years in anything is something to be recognized wholeheartedly; I'm sure that this can be especially true of the social media that KF has been a vital part of.

With Patrick, his vision and his passion for networking and the like, there can never be such a staunch leader as himself; his internet entities, like KF, have flourished by and through his knowledge and experience of managing online communities since 2000, and that's neither an accident, nor a mistake.

Thank you, Patrick, for all that you've done across the board for KF!!

I know exactly where I was when I first joined KF, back in February 2008, and I've never ever once regretted that decision. KF was my outlet to escape away from the Shindokan/SKKA bubble; my life, until then was anything and everything Shindokan and the SKKA. While I made my share of serious mistakes during my very early days here at KF, and instead of showing my the door, I was accepted and mentored by Patrick, his staff, and the KF members; that I can never forget that forgiving grace, and I owe each and everyone of you far more than I can ever repay you. Thank you!!

During the droughts that KF has experienced off and on, KF continues to dust themselves off, and continue to strive forward. Like the Karate Maxim speaks towards...Seven times down, Eight times up...that is the undeniable grit of KF and it's founder and members. Oftentimes, life gets in the way, and KF unfortunately has to sit on the back burner, therefore, topics and conversations tend to suffer along the way from time to time.

KF is still full of life and vinegar!!

Happy 19th Birthday to KF, congratulations; here's to KF's 20th birthday in 2021...I look forward to celebrating that milestone with all of you here, God willing!!

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the forums. Though I am a relatively new member, this is the only martial arts forum I belong to (and really the only forum in general that I regularly contribute to).

I enjoy the conversations and ideas and look forward to the 20 year mark next year!

RW
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Os!

Here's to another 19 years

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words, Bob.

We're glad to have you, Fat Cobra.

And thanks, RW!

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 20 years! This is so awesome! It's so great to see how this community has changed, grown, and excelled over these past years as a bastion of quality Martial Arts conversation.

Onward and upward!

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very impressive milestone! And I'm happy to have been a part of it!
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: