Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

dwssatx
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Kenseido

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Kenseido Reply with quote

I just began training in one of the less common styles, and I was wondering if anyone has input or thoughts. It's called Kenseido, and bears some similarity to Shorinji Kempo. However, sparring is encouraged, unlike in Shorinji Kempo. It was formed in Japan a few decades ago, and there are presently about 60 dojos there. Presently, the only dojos I know of, are located in San Antonio, Texas. This is the only down side I can mention, that it's not that common outside of Japan, where thousands practice the art.

In comparison to other styles, I feel like it's one of the more practical and useful arts. The techniques focus fairly evenly between kicking, punching, locks and throws. If any of you have experience in Kenseido, I would like to hear your thoughts. If anyone is interested, I highly recommend you check it out.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I'd like to welcome you to KF; glad you're here!!

I've no formal knowledge about Kenseido, other than what I've picked up on the few links found in the Internet...sorry, I'm of not much help!!

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know about it is that it is a blend of Shorinji Kenpo and Aikido. You say that sparring is encouraged, and I'm interested to hear what type of sparring you do. Aikido isn't really suited to sparring, so I'm curious as to how that works in. A quick Google search seemed to show mostly bogu kumite matches, but I couldn't watch them here at work to see what they are like.
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: