Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we have to define it. In my opinion, it is an energy that gives a certain feeling. I am sure it gives everyone a feeling. It gives other people unique feelings, as unique as the person itself. Why bother to wonder and argue? Why not just to accept it, and be happy that we can actually feel it. Chi is just another way of letting someone know he is alive. Let's all be alive.

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem acknowledged by both scientists, philosophers and mystics.

Language is useless when trying to convey 'true' meaning...

Scientists resort of mathematical equations to explain what they are trying to say...

In the east, when you suddenly realise or understand the meaning, it is reffered to as a moment of enlightement.

Each and every individual has to discover their own personal meaning or understanding. If the 'essence' of what is real, truth and enlightenment could be conveyed then everyone could tell their neighbours and we would all be enlightened souls.

A perfect example of this can be seen in a non 'chi' sense ;

What really is 'Energy'?

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on ki.

masamune
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used my ki before but it was involentary. Like some times ill be pricticeing with my katana or using a punching bag and i use what i think is combat ki and then when i try it again it dose not work. I have tryed and tryed but I have not been able to control it and my friend has been helping me but im still not in control. If you can help me on contoling it I would appretate it.

Eye of the Tiger
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how could one learn to use Ki power? I really don't beleive this, I can see it as some kind of relaxed state of mind. So if I'm wrong help me feel this Ki so I can experiance it for myself rather than just beleiving what everybody sais, no offence but how do I know its true?

rabid hamster
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think hapkido, aikido, tai chi, and qi gong(chi kung), and bagua would have gotten this far if chi was really fake.

how about acupuncture? acupuncture is when you basically stick those needle things into a meridian(which is where chi flows through your body) to heal certain areas..
Plus the meridian passageways are very similar to your veins.

there's some other things that use chi like feng shui, and my friends have said it works too.

well i think it's real because i have used and felt it, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course.

Eye of the Tiger
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how do you acheive Ki power?

rabid hamster
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a good book and a good teacher and practice. And it's not really a power. Most people only do it for better health and longetivity, though few people do it for self defense.. but if you really wanted to do self defense I wouldn't really learn ki anyway.. Just do a martial art. most people don't get to the level where they can do stuff like you see some masters do.

ckdstudent
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Choi Kwang Do

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally chi referred to air, because it was through that your blood vessels carried air rather than blood and that this was your life-force. The main reason for the was because dissection was very much frowned upon, except for criminals who were almost always beheaded. The pressure in a beheading allows the blood to pump out, leaving what seem to be empty blood vessels. Even when it was discovered that they did carry blood the theory was adapted so that the veins carried blood and the arteries carried air.

Sounds a lot like the flat Earth theory to me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

:-)-:
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tibetian Book of the Living and Dead:

The human form consists of four divine elements:
Earth
Water
Wind
Fire
The energy contained within these elements gives rise to the soul, the state of the human form which transcends the grave and never dies.

Sounds like *, right? But, in fact:
Earth (solid)
Water (liquid)
Wind (gas, sorta)
Fire (plasma)

The structure of the body is bone and muscle, its substance water and other liquids, it's sustenance the air we breathe, and it's source the electromagnetic nerve impulses that help the brain control the body. There you have it, the four elements of existence. When you learn to harmonize these, you get ki. It is like nitrous for your body. But what good is nitrous without a good engine? Catch my drift?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: