Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Lars
KF VIP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you ever use "KI" power? Or have you ever even heard about it?

The ancient chinese discovered this incredible power that humans are able to master. The power comes from YOUR own life force, and it is your own life force, in other words it's your soul that interacts with your surrondings.

It is believed that all of your life force comes from a spot a couple of centimetres below your navel/belly button. Without it we wouldn't even be able to lift a finger, and it is believed that when you die your soul leaves through a small hole in your backbone.

Anyway it is used in martial arts. I have tried it a couple of times, and I know a couple of techniques.

You need to concentrate yourself on what you are doing, breathing techiques are also invovled in it. Your physical strength has no importance. You can learn to master "KI" power when meditating. I don't meditate much, so I am limited to very simple techniques.

You don't have to explore your inner self to master it, not at all. Some people have used it spontainiously. As an example, it has been documented that a mother's strength grew by ten times in a few seconds. Here child was trapped beneath a car, and she lifted it all by her self. This was an average, everyday woman!

Iv'e listed some things that "KI" can enable you to do:

- Be stronger than it's physically possible.
- Move your limbs faster than psysically possible
- Make your skin hard as steel
- Move objects outside your body (The most difficult)
- Make yourself heavier than physically possible, or make yourself as light as a feather

You may think this is only possible in "The Matrix", but no. You don't have to believe in what I am saying. I didn't believe in it before seeing it myself.

The stuff I can do is things like locking the attackers arms or wrists using zero strength, only involving breathing techiques, perfect movement, and deep concentration. The attacker uses all of his strength on trying to hold me, or choke me, etc. I use his strength on himself, leaving him in a position where he is rendered completely neutralized. In other words he is draining himself from strength, and when in the position long enough, he will hardly be able to walk.

Just a brief explanation about "KI" power

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2001-06-05 11:50 ]

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with your definition and commend you in how you put it in words.

i have seen demonstrations of ki power and they are very impressive.
these masters of ki spend their whole life trying to master their ki energy.
seems as though mastering ki energy can be a martial art in itself. but it is definitly part of the martial arts.

florida

[ This Message was edited by: iamrushman on 2001-06-05 17:26 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Lars
KF VIP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy named Yio Mau or something like that, which had spent his time training in the same dojo as I train in right now, but moved on to the danish capital Copenhagen a couple of years ago.

Started his own form of martial arts, and I can't remeber the name of it, probably Mau-Shianitsu. He focuses mainly on KI energy. He demonstratet some very impressive and incredible examples of what KI power enables you to do.

It would be great having the oppurtunity to have him as a master, but I live too far from Copenhagen, so I will have to wait till I'm older.

Of course you should probably have 2nd KYU before he would consider you.

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note.
The first thing all practioners of The Chinese style learn is CHI,(Japanese=KI, Korean=GI),
There are thre systems, which are ferred to as internal systems, which depend more heavily on Chi, than any other systems.

In the States, and in most western cultures, martial arts are taught from the outside in.
In the orient, it is taught from the inside out.

Just some thoughts.
Peace,
Tae

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."
Proverbs 18:12
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well put and easy to understand......thanks for reminding me of what i forgot.

with humble respects.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ki, Chi, Gi are all terms that I relate to religion. I would never try to rely on this "internal power". It's better to train in technique and leverage. Many "Chi masters" have stepped into the ring only to have been KO'd by well trained Muay Thai fighters. It's better to train hard and put sweat on the mat than to just rely on a mystical hidden power.

But hey, I'm agnostic, so I don't believe in any religion.

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an ordained minster so I do.

I also know that alot of Taiboxers have been beaten by Chi master..so I would cll that tit for tat wouldn't you.

Peace,
tae

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show me some documented articles. I have read a few from 3rd party (objective) sources about it. The last time was in 1978 where 5 "Chi masters" from china came to fight in the ring against Muay Thai fighters. The Muay Thai fighters wore boxing gloves and the "Chi" masters were barehanded (to allow for the Dim Mak touch). Well.. the 5 guys got slaughtered. Tit for tat, but i have alot more tit for your tat.. mainly because the Thai fighters have a winning record.

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also have lager than life Egos.

They are not the ultimate in styles..noone is.
I studied with a freind of mine who spent 10yrs in thailand studying Thia boxing..although it is a good style...it still can be beat.

my experience was getting to watch them be beat first hand...so I know it can be done.

What difference does it make..I never said that thaiboxers couldn't beat Chi masters..but I have seen Chi masters beat thaiboxers also.

ANYONE can be beaten if the conditions are right...Yes?

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."
Proverbs 18:12

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-06-23 08:13, Taesujutsudrw wrote:
ANYONE can be beaten if the conditions are right...Yes?

Absolutely.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: