Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Himokiri Karate
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Styles: Boxing, Korean Karate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
Himokiri Karate wrote:
LionsDen wrote:
Only mcdojos and frauds do ‘ki’ training.
Serious dojos don’t

This post really breaks my heart. I do not know how to respond to this. Ki is the essence of life, in yoga, its called a prana, in kung fu, its called qi and in Japanese martial arts, its called Ki.

If someone were to read your post and accept it as the truth, then it would discredit, yoga and Chinese/Japanese arts that many people have practiced and found the practice to enrich their soul.

Agreed!

Whether it is singing, Yoga or anything in life...........even Stress, Breathing is the most essential thing to align your next movement including the effectiveness of the power.

Breathing is Life, Power and everything that exists!

Without breathing properly mistakes will surely be made in all aspects of our mere existense and affect outcomes in all things we do!

Amen to that!

I mean breath is what connects us in the universe. Practicing slow breath changes the essence of your thoughts. Like a radio frequency, you tap in to a different station by slowing down breath.

This whole thing has its own science that we are not aware of. How many people including martial artist have actually engaged in the deeper aspect of breath, sound, vibration to be qualified to dismiss it as fraud.

Tyler
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Kobudo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himokiri Karate wrote:
Tyler wrote:
Himokiri Karate wrote:
LionsDen wrote:
Only mcdojos and frauds do ‘ki’ training.
Serious dojos don’t

This post really breaks my heart. I do not know how to respond to this. Ki is the essence of life, in yoga, its called a prana, in kung fu, its called qi and in Japanese martial arts, its called Ki.

If someone were to read your post and accept it as the truth, then it would discredit, yoga and Chinese/Japanese arts that many people have practiced and found the practice to enrich their soul.

Agreed!

Whether it is singing, Yoga or anything in life...........even Stress, Breathing is the most essential thing to align your next movement including the effectiveness of the power.

Breathing is Life, Power and everything that exists!

Without breathing properly mistakes will surely be made in all aspects of our mere existense and affect outcomes in all things we do!

Amen to that!

I mean breath is what connects us in the universe. Practicing slow breath changes the essence of your thoughts. Like a radio frequency, you tap in to a different station by slowing down breath.

This whole thing has its own science that we are not aware of. How many people including martial artist have actually engaged in the deeper aspect of breath, sound, vibration to be qualified to dismiss it as fraud.

indubitably! In my style of shorin-ryu that is the essence of the entirety as it should be taught as one of the basic fundamentals and if it isnt being noticed nor taught something is seriously wroing with your sensei, You can't do martial arts without learning when to breathe and how to breathe to maximize strength power and core movements!

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a very good reason that Sanchin is such a wide spread and important kata in martial arts.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Tyler
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Kobudo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaine wrote:
There is a very good reason that Sanchin is such a wide spread and important kata in martial arts.

HI Zaine,

Here is the article from Black Belt Magazine (Below) about Sanchin also known as Seisan in other forms. I rest my case for the breathing debate. Like I said no breathe no life no Karate.Lol!

https://blackbeltmag.com/traditional-arts/sanchin-kata/kata-origins

*note*
Sanchin kata can be seen in Seisan katas (13 hands), Sesan, Sisochin, Aragaki No Seisan, Jusan, Ken Shin Kan,Noi Khi Cong, Paporen, Suparimpe, Sanseru and Kururunpa kata and its influence can be greatly seen in Shotokan kata Hangetsu (the half moon position of the leg), as well as some Korean styles such as Tang Soo Do and Soo Bahk Do under the name of Sei Shan form.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: