Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been in a state of "non-thinking" before.

Like when I thought of the idea for making this site.

lol Just kidding.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick "I think" you should spend more time "not thinking" !

Joecooke007
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ki,a very interesting subject. Thanks for the link.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find I am enjoying the variety of comments a controversial topic like this one generates. Sometimes someone else will state someone in a slightly different manner and introduce a whole new light.

Oh, By the way, Joe I like your new signature - simple but elegant.

[ This Message was edited by: SaiFightsMS on 2002-01-04 12:05 ]

Dbzhub
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jack, I'm glad you had success next try the Ki ball technique. I'm sure you'll be able to do it

Dbzhub
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found decumetns proving that psi exists. not ki though
Ki and Psi arent the same thing but close to it

Ki is what everyone has flowing inside them already

Psi is all about will power and willing it to come to you.

http://comp9.psych.cornell.edu/dbem/does_psi_exist.html

documents

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i so believe in chi/ki, though i yet seen prove of it, therefore you cannot blame the people who choose not to believe in it
-ad yes my orange belt !!

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Some martial artists claim to be able to demonstrate the objective existence of ki by performing various feats, such as the unbendable arm, kneeling push, immovable body, finger circle, and fist wall. Supposedly it is ki that permits a person to accomplish the feats. However, there are alternative explanations within the scope of physics or psychology that may account for the effects, such as subtle changes in body positioning or biases and expectations in the participants. "

Hmm.. stage magicians can do the same tricks using prestigidation. I believe most of the feats of "ki/chi" masters are tricks, if not all of them.

ChangWuJi
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The effects of Qigong on the body, as well as the strength of people of the Taiji realm CAN and HAS BEEN very well measured. The strength of Chen Xiao Wang exceeded the limit of the machine to measure stability of standing (resistance against a force to destabilize), and was at the limit of the machine already twice as large as the next lesser proband. Without lifting around weights.
The effects on the body of Qigong also have been measured and consisted of changes to various general parameters, to the better. Otherwise, health insurance companies wouldn't have PAID for people visiting such courses. The sponsoring has been closed, because a lot of CHARLATANS went on the market, ripping people off, and because people just went there as leisure activity without doing the stuff they learned, so the effect was on a wide level too low.

You try to stick the discussion to YOUR idea "Qi" must be a single, secretive magic energy instead of a name for a bunch of factors influencing the health and power management of the sheer biological and not so much "esoterifcal" body, don't you ? Perhaps, you should realize that it's YOU who makes up this belief, we, who do the exercises, feel a result you could also attribute to "magic" forces, but in the most cases, the practitioners, also me, DON'T attribute it magically to a single "force". This is you, not us.

By the way, I can, without a device SEE that my hands get thicker when "Qi" is coming better into activity and makes my fingers tickle. They get a lot thicker and heavier, and white marks sprankling the skin indicating there are phyiscal actions going on, putting the blood on the skin aside to make the skin get white only at a precise, small mark, instead of flesh-coloured. If rubbing away the mark, it reoccurs in seconds at the same position. Not measurable, ha ? Fantasy, of course. It's perhaps up to you to shut up, and begin to think a little bit on what is driving you to "question" things obviously with no role in your life. Now, why bother ?

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-01-08 02:00, ChangWuJi wrote:
It's perhaps up to you to shut up, and begin to think a little bit on what is driving you to "question" things obviously with no role in your life. Now, why bother ?

This is an interesting argument, but everyone has the right to voice their belief. Please don't tell people to shut up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: