Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Dbzhub
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, thats right all of you have it. Every single living thing on this planet has Ki, what is it? simple, its energy! energy you can use to be more powerful, faster. smarter etc if you would like to know more about it go to this website it should teach you some nice techniques http://www.thekidojo.com
dont belive me? i feel sorry for you

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link!

You might want to check out some of the threads on the topic of Ki/Chi, you could most probably add valuable comments to the discussion! I think they are found in the philosophy section, not too sure however.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting reading Dbzhub. Sounds like you might provide some interesting conversations in here.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Jiggy there are quite a few threads runing in the Philosophy forum on the nature of Ki/Chi ... Dbzhub you may want to add to the heated discussion. Pragmatists fall into two categories: the rational believer and the rational skeptic. The rational believer views ki as an not well understood energy generated within the human body that may be developed, controlled, and used. The rational skeptic views ki as a synergy of various psychological and physical effects within the human body that has no real existence as a separate force but is a useful concept that may be developed, controlled and used. Whether you believe in the physical existence of ki or not, a belief in its physical effects will give you increased power and confidence.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I don't like is when someone says "I feel sorry for you" when someone doesn't buy into their beliefs. I mean, that doesn't have a place in the discussion... and the same person probably feels sorry for you then!

That said, I don't have a stance on ki and plan to keep it that way.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt the same when I read that comment. Remember that we are all different and it's different opinions that make us all unique, wonderful people. If everyone agreed, there would never be any debate or discussion - and that's how we learn and evolve....QUESTION EVERYTHING....it's the only way to make your beliefs your own - peace and welcome to the forums!!

Lori

-Unknown-

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yup, thats right all of you have it. Every single living thing on this planet has Ki, what is it? simple, its energy! energy you can use to be more powerful, faster. smarter etc if you would like to know more about it go to this website it should teach you some nice techniques http://www.thekidojo.com
dont belive me? i feel sorry for you"
In science, the person that makes a claim must provide evidence. Do you have evidence of your claim? There is a pink unicorn which gives power to all humans, it's energy flows through us all. If you don't believe me, I feel sorry for you.

LOL

You can believe in Chi, that's fine, but to assert that it is fact is absurd.

Dbzhub
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats true i regret saying that i almost dident say it in the first place

oh and im gonna do some research to prove that its real i should get it in a day or too

[ This Message was edited by: Dbzhub on 2002-01-03 14:13 ]

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, sometimes my fingers are faster than my brain too .... proof eh? Good Luck!
Some martial artists claim to be able to demonstrate the objective existence of ki by performing various feats, such as the unbendable arm, kneeling push, immovable body, finger circle, and fist wall. Supposedly it is ki that permits a person to accomplish the feats. However, there are alternative explanations within the scope of physics or psychology that may account for the effects, such as subtle changes in body positioning or biases and expectations in the participants.
I believe (as many of us do I think) that the existence of ki is a kind of "energy" that flows within the body. Certain forms of exercise or concentration enable you to feel ki flowing through your body. (adrenaline I would call it)Traditional Chinese medicine bases some of its therapies on ki. These mostly anecdotal accounts of ki have not been substantiated by scientific experiments. Ki may exist as an objective phenomenon, but reliable evidence to support such a view is lacking.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, personally I'm not sure about any of this at the moment. Last night I tried the meditational technique on the website, and it worked at clearing my mind and putting me in a state of non-thinking, and, I actually honestly began to feel a tingling sensation around the navel when I concentrated on the supposed Chi point mentioned. I got into meditation again today, reached the same state as before, but there was no feeling even when I tried concentrating. Maybe it is some sort of illusion you only feel because your mind is almost willing yourself to feel it. I'm not really sure on this all, but it was an interesting read. Personally I dont believe in any of those chi powers, maybe it helps with coordinating your body etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: