Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sanda_kickboxing
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i dont do Muay tai but i do Sanda kickboxing
ive got one question how comes all the muay tai fighters always have impressive kicks?
i mean you guys dont overturn or nothing?
how'd you do it?
whats the secret
can you give me some stretchnig drills or something? lol
cheers!

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to a good SanDa School and Train there. I could help but it is so hard to explian it with words you know.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few things that can help one kick harder and faster. Training is probably the most important. Muay Thai practitioners are always drilling the kick at every session. We kick the heavy bag, thai-pads and do light sparring to practice our form and power. The key is to concentrate on the form and hips when doing any drills with the kick. The more relaxed you throw the kick, the harder it will impact.
As for the technique of the kick, and yes it does vary from camp to camp, my kick consists of a 45-degree angle step into the opponent and turning of the hip all the way over and down. When the kick is missed, the momentum will cause me to turn completely around. The kick follows through the opponent and my kicking leg is relaxed until impact is made, as soon as contact is made I kick-off of my opponent. My goal is to hit the front area of my target with the big part of my shin with all of my weight and hip power behind it. Make sure that when you kick, the supporting foot (the one that is on the ground) is pivoted so that your heel is pointed toward your target. Done correctly, when you throw the kick every part of your body will go past the centerline of your opponent with the shin and foot coming last and into your opponent.

I hope that illustrates how I throw the Muay Thai round kick. It's hard to show a person technique with text, but maybe you have an idea now. Hopefully, you have found some detail there that will help you kick with more power.

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thai boxers get so much power outta their kicks because the step outwards from their opponant and bring their mass all the way through with the kick......that is the more thai or filipino style of kicking while japanese or korean styles kick up the straight line

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I deleted your double post. Anyway, yea, that's a very simple way of explaining it, Havok. I think it's in my detailed explanation there if you want to take the time to read it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: