Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Killing The Higher Hierarchy Once And For All!! Reply with quote

What, if any, is the purpose of the Student Body of a Governing Body??

What, if any, isn't the purpose of the Student Body of a Governing Body??

Should, if at all, that Student Body be represented by a Student Body President??

Does the Kaicho and the Kancho need a Student Body President??

As I toy around with the thought of forming my own Governing Body, I'm of the mind that the Higher Hierarchy that I've been raised in for around 4 decades, has reached a final conclusion, and in that, the days of the Higher Hierarchy and the like have seen its very last days.

Too many chefs in the kitchen can ruin the soup!!

Under Soke and Dai-Soke, there was honor...there was order...there was continuity...the was that perfect circle!! After their passing's, those things slowly went the wayside, intentionally, as well as unintentionally!! The needs of the Student Body took the back seat to personal gains with several elected members of the Higher Hierarchy. However, the seams busted through and through whenever all but one of the Higher Hierarchy passed away in a head-on car accident one cold and dark July morning.

The chairs that I grew up with were slowly, but steadily emptying one by one at a alarming rate!!

The newly elected Higher Hierarchy shown that their needs were much more greater than the needs of the Student Body; and I was in the way of their self-appointed self-aggrandizement goal(s).

I've become numb to the core with the raging oceans of authoritative types!! I'm sick and tired of a Governing Body being administrated in the means that I'm accustomed to:

Soke
Dai-Soke
San Dai-Soke
Kaicho
Kancho
Board of Regents
Regents
Departments/Department Heads
Teams
Executive
Administrative
Judicial (Legal Team)
Advisors

ENOUGH!!

Kaicho
Kancho

THAT'S IT!!

Possibly,

Kaicho

THAT'S IT!!

Maybe,

Kaicho
Kancho
Student Body President

THAT'S IT!!

Entertaining,

CI
NO GOVERNING BODY WHATSOEVER!!

What could a Student Body President provide??

For example,

The Student Body President serves as the "chief executive" of the Student Body for the existing Governing Body. The primary duty of the Student Body President is to represent and protect the rights and interests of the Student Body; the students. The Student Body President is duly elected by the Student Body, and serves a term length, to be decided later.

Key Responsibilities, might be...

*Represent the Student Body, and voice student needs and wishes to Kiacho/Kancho.
*Collects any and all data referring to any and all Testing Cycles for the purpose of presenting any and all upcoming Testing Cycle Candidates to Kaicho/Kancho for either approval or denial for cause.
*Informing any and all approved Testing Cycle Candidates as to their Testing Cycle date.
*Participate in the planning of any and all Student Body activities with Kaicho/Kancho.

I'm not saying that this is a good idea or a bad idea. I'm killing what the Higher Hierarchy use to be, and that I'm tightening the reigns, and cutting out all of the unnecessary fat; having a one to three member Governing Body, and that's it!!

The Pred
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this will be your idea and you're gonna be the sole owner. Just have a kaicho aka you and that's it. Perhaps like you said a kancho as the CI.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pred wrote:
Since this will be your idea and you're gonna be the sole owner. Just have a kaicho aka you and that's it. Perhaps like you said a kancho as the CI.

In short, I'd should be both the Kaicho and the CI!! Funny thing about that is, I believe that's exactly what I've been at each and every Kyuodan Dojo I opened. I was the CI but I was also the Kaicho because I founded each Kyuodan Dojo.

World just got smaller for me!

The Pred
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes because even if you appointed someone else as ci. They would still have to answer to you, so are they really a CI.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pred wrote:
Yes because even if you appointed someone else as ci. They would still have to answer to you, so are they really a CI.

They'd only be the CI if, for some reason(s), I wasn't on the floor anymore. But, if I'm on the floor, then no one else is the CI.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
The Pred wrote:

They'd only be the CI if, for some reason(s), I wasn't on the floor anymore. But, if I'm on the floor, then no one else is the CI.

So instead of a democracy (technocracy?) you'd rather have a dictatorship?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
The Pred wrote:

So instead of a democracy (technocracy?) you'd rather have a dictatorship?

Roflmho!! ROFL I deserved that!!

No, no, no!! I definitely don't want to ever be a dictator and/or the appearance of being a dictatorship!!

Me...Bob...me...teacher...me...dojo owner...me...just BOB!!

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about doing away with the honors and titles and just be an instructor of the arts? Seems to me that you are done with politics and Hierarchy so why not just teach?

The bottom line is your students know who's in charge based on knowledge and skill level and the very fact that you are the Dojo owner. So there is no need to have a Kaicho unless you wish to have your own organization.

Maybe you need to start your own organization of you style to lend legitimacy to your grades. If that is the case then run it by yourself as the Kaicho (if the title is needed) but if not why not just teach and leave the politics behind you?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatsuShinshii wrote:
How about doing away with the honors and titles and just be an instructor of the arts? Seems to me that you are done with politics and Hierarchy so why not just teach?

The bottom line is your students know who's in charge based on knowledge and skill level and the very fact that you are the Dojo owner. So there is no need to have a Kaicho unless you wish to have your own organization.

Maybe you need to start your own organization of you style to lend legitimacy to your grades. If that is the case then run it by yourself as the Kaicho (if the title is needed) but if not why not just teach and leave the politics behind you?

In any of my Kyuodan Dojo's, that's all I did do...TAUGHT!! There was no need for politics and the kind at all. Yes, as a dojo owner in affiliated with the SKKA as a networked dojo, I had to succumb to each and every SKKA rule and regulations and the like, even if I was the Kaicho.

I kept Kyuodan separate to the Nth degree from the SKKA while I was the Kaicho; no impropriety whatsoever.

I've not been away from the umbrella of a Governing Body until now! This takes a bit of getting use to.

Soke refused to fly any Governing Body from Okinawa because he was his own man, and he didn't want their approval. "Who do they think that they are?? I didn't learn anything from them, I don't owe them anything, and I don't need them for anything!!"

Our legitimacy in Shindokan comes from Soke and Dai-Soke, and then that authority is transferred to the Student Body through the SKKA. If that's not good enough, then proof is on the floor!! I know what it's like to be part of a Governing Body that's not recognized by the powers that be in Okinawa, and it's difficult to explain oneself to someone who's already made their mind up a long time ago.

The floor provides my recognition. But the truth be told, I don't have to be recognized by anything and/or anyone, no matter who they think that they are. I've been in the room when Soke was disagreeing with some of the Governing Bodies from Okinawa...this is where I learned...I'm complete in my totality as a MAist without anyone!!

My being my students Sensei is enough, it should be enough, it must be enough. If the SKKA umbrella is no longer for me and my students, then so be it. I don't need them because proof is on the floor, and I can provide plenty proof on the floor that's beyond contestation.

Nonetheless, if I have to start a Governing Body to protect the Student Body across the board, then so be it. Even though, I'm done with Governing Bodies and the like because politics are evil!!

Respect is earned...come to the floor...this is where respect is earned and lost!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: