Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

[CT]pizzaboy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: blue-belt taekwondo/green belt Yoshukai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bad right knee and hate walking up stairs or down stairs. My knee cartilage seems to have worned out and its just bones grinding on bones. However, walking on a level path is fine. In martial art class, I try using my left leg more often than my right, but my right has more kicking speed so I tend to use my right leg also. This been going on for two weeks. Haven't seen the doctor. Maybe it will get better. Been finding some information on the internet about this pain in my knee.

Just wanted to know if any forum memebers have this same problem with their knee. What causes your knee pain? What have you done to relieve the pain? Will buying special shoe soles help? Appreciate the knowlege.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like something that does require a knowledgeable doctors input on. Try to see some sports med people.

Also sounds like you may have to modify your training to avoid further damage. I think at some time or other everyone will face a point where they either have to modify or stop, even if only temporarily.

There are more people doing physcal activities at older ages now than ever before. So the knowledge of base of how to treat problems and still maintain activity is increasing.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My knee pain isn't caused by this, I think its caused by growing pain. I can't run because it hurts far too much. In your case I'd suggest seeing a doctor. As for exercises, I wouldnt try anything before you consult a sports med or doctor, but in my case I use an exercise bike for cardio, along with running squats and horseriding stance punches.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go see a doctor..and soon do not put it off

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Gloi
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: 1st dan Shotokan, 1st kup TKD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go and find a good sports physiotherepist. My friend has had a bad knee for ages caused by the supporting foot not turning properly when kicking on bad floors. He gave her some exercises to do to strengthen the supporting muscles and they have really done a lot of good. They also have a lot of experience with martial arts injuries. My sensei also goes down to one quite regularly with an elbow problem he has and gets cortisone injections in it.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a a meniscus cartilage tear. Check it out doing a search on internet. Quite common sport/martial art injury due to: poor technique or insufficient fitness, not enough strength to properly align the limbs, not enough muscular endurance to preserve sufficient strength during long sets of repetitions, not enough flexibility to perform movements with ease.
Injured Knee cartilage can be toughened by exercises or torn down depending on the extent of the damage. Go see a doctor!

g
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the time you have searched on the internet you could have been to the doctor
dont waste your time

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ct i have the exact same problem
but how old are you, im only 14, so maybe it is differnt for old people ,
but this what i can tell you
you have may several problems, but please dont be alarmed because these are only assumtions, you may have juvenil arthritis, inflammation or abrasion of the tendon muscles, re-alignment of the patella

juvenile arthiritis- this is only possible if you are young, and be cured

inflammation - this is caused my overstress, on the tendon, perhaps caused be weightlifting or stretching, if this is the diagnosus, then you would need to lay low , and wear are band around the knee, possible emp may be needed,

realighnment of patella- this is caused when you work one knee so much and dont pay attention to the other or less distributions of the left laseration muscle,, the patella has been removed from its resting ridge, and will thus cause pain, in order to resore the knee, you would need to build up the muscle in the right laseration muscle

i would say ct, that this is quite serious, and seeking medical consultation would be advisable
hope i was some help
-ad

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the same city ct!!,
but from different countries
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

[CT]pizzaboy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: blue-belt taekwondo/green belt Yoshukai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, ad. I didn't know there was a birmingham in England. I live in America. Funny you have the same problem. I'm only 20, so I can not believe why I have this damn problem. Have not seen the doctor, but I believe my problem is due to me using my right leg all the time and causing stress on the right knee.
I bought a book about how to work-out properly and now I am strenghting up my knee. My knee has stop hurting and my hamstring is hard as a rock.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: