Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.R................so i see you have much knowledge and past !

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the Teacher..but Katana is a kubudo weapon. It has been for along time.

Okinawan Kubudo is not the only kubudo.

Once a teacher learns the kubudo the way their unstructor teaches them..then they can add what they want...that is the neat thing about kubudo...it can always be added too.

The are quite a number of instructors here that teach it..and they have added the katana, bokken, and Shinai.

As I stated though it depends on the teacher.

Ken, Kendo..and iaido are two fine Katana arts..you might enjoy them.

Peace,
tae

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."
Proverbs 18:12
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there are two arts..both originating in Japan.

Kendo..the use of the blade in battle.
And Iaido..the drawing an cutting with the blade.

Peace,
tae

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I think that the FMA teaches a more realistic point of view in weapons training. Plus, I can't stand to take any martial art that is gonna make me do Kata.

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to go through life with that kind of an attitude. If I felt like you did..I would not know half of what I do.

I am open to all things...Form each system..and even kata you can learn something useful..no one style or system has all the answers. It is better to learn from all no matter what it is..than to have just a fraction of the knowledge that you could possess.

Peace,
Tae

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many other systems out there that don't train in "kata". So I still have many other options. I just don't think Kata is a good training method at all. You may know more than me in martial art, but I doubt it.. I just know different things, not less.

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about you arrogance of thinkig your way is the only way.

As far as me knowing more that you...well considering I started before you were born..and have crossed trained in seven style,created a system..and basically have a way better attitude than you...trust me I know more than you. That goes with out saying.
Do you really think you know that much more that is different?
You are so full of yourself.

It is artists like you who chase off the really good people who would love to learn. Yep I can see also that a school with no discipline turns out such arrogance as you.

I never said you had to like kata...but to contiunally put every style you don;t like down is just ot much. That is what I am commenting about..you style is not the beginning or the end..it is just another style.

Peace,
Tae

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.
Well.. a person can practice punching the air for 30 years, doesn't mean that person knows any more about martial arts than anyone else. I can create my own style/system too, all it takes is a cool oriental-sounding name. I'm not doubting that you know your martial arts, I'm just saying you don't know anything about what I do in training. Discipline is one thing.. being anal-retentive is another.

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you are arrogant at times...the staement"You may know more than me..but I doubt it"..Tell me that isn't arrogant.

You don't know me either..and if you would listen..and stop thinking that you have all the answer...I would have told you something you may not know.

I have studied many styles with many people of over the years...including muay Thai That is why I say it is not the end all of martail arts.

Wing chun and JKD that you love so much...they are good styles also which I have studied for a long time. You semm to think I am strictly a traditionalist..and yet Tae Su Jutsu is not a traditional style..is it geared for the street.

In Kubudo, and this again depends on the teacher, is taught is what we call "fighting sets"..not forms...they can be put togetehr as a form..but I was not taught that way.

Years does have it's advantages..and should be respected...I admit that I do not particular care the Thaiboxing...to me it is just a sport...however, I do respect the fact that it is your art..and I will show it respet.

In your posts, however, you seem not to respect anything unless you approve of it. to me that is disrespectfull of those who train in those arts.

Now if I am getting the wrong impression from your post, I aplolgize..but it is the way you come off. I never said you had to like forms..but it would be nice if some respect was shown for those who do.

They do have a purpose..that you amy not understand..but then that is the way of a lot of things. I was taught to respect everyone..and their art..but I get tired of showing it at times, when none is shown to others.

I never said I know more than you..but I know that you or noone else knows all there is to know about the arts...when you do..they had better bury you, because we will learn until the day we die.

Peace,
Tae

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haHA!

Ken got TOLD! PHEAR Tae!

All i posted was a simple post on kobudo, and i ended up having a good laugh at some of the stuff posted.

Respect 'this', i know more 'that'... blah blah blah. This stuff goes on too often.

Angus

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: