Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Buddhas flower
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is directed to the person who initial brought up this topic on Lin Kong Jing (and to the rest of us already discussing this topic as well!)
I believe the gentleman you may be talking about is named Richard Mooney. I've read the article concerning the Lin Kong Jing techniques and meditations and yes, I do have a healthy sense of skeptiscism. Yet, at the same time one must also realize that our reality is not bound by what we think we know or believe, but by what we happen to experience. Now, am I saying that I have experienced Lin Kong Jing for myself or a live demonstration of it? no. Have I personally done any type of Lin Kong Jing techniques or meditation relating to Lin Kong Jing? no. Therefore, I can come to two conclusion, both having equal weight and validity. Either 1.) This Mr. Mooney is a total fraud and is just promoting somthing completely fake. or 2.) this Mr. Mooney has actually taken the time to cultivate something that perhaps is beyond our realm of experience simply for the reason because we as martial artists haven't tried such techniques, therefore, we deny that they exist.
I do know that there are alot of weird and un-explained phenamon and things about the human body that science can't even touch right now, and perhaps won't for another 10, 20 or 30 years. Does that mean that since science can't prove it or explain it that it isn't real? no. I also know, just as the rest of you do, that there are a whole LOT of CRAP out there as well when speaking of esoteric practices and meditations and techniques that border on the strange and un-explained, like the existence of chi. (but thats another topic for another time!)
If Lin Kong Jing works for Mr. Mooney, then thats fine. If karate, JKD, WIng Tsun, Bagua or any other art that you practice works for you, then thats fine to. Were obviously not here to discuss who martial art is better or worse. But I'm not going to come across a person like Mr. Mooney and state that his Lin Kong Jing techniques are crap and that I'll smoke him in a second. I mean, come on, lets have a little respect for the guy. If later we come to find out that what he practices is completely fake and is selling his seminars and ideas to the public without them knowing it? well, then that happens. But i as a person and as a marital artist can't say without experiencing what he teaches that what he promotes is fake or real. All you can do is take it with a grain of salt, sit back, put the magazine done and go train some more in whatever martial art that you practice so that you can be better at what you do, and not worry about whether or not if Lin Kong Jing is real or not.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddhas , i was the one who posted the ling kong jing forum b4, it didnt seem to get many replies which i feel is mainly because many people dont believe in it
Rich money is a great martial artist, and he has been put in the martial art hall of fame, he has been growing ever since his full demonstration and understanding of lin kong jing, wouldnt you think Buddhas that if Rich Mooney was completely faking it that he would have been one of the most popular martial artists in the world and be put in the martial arts hall of fame??, i would most certainly say no, i know what he practises his slightly obtrusive and as you said , sceptical, but there must be some truth behind it all for him to go this far
if you are still interested, go to this internet site, and view the video demonstrations
http://www.geocities.com/sijai2000

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Buddhas flower
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I saw that alot of people actually did respond to your original post, but most of what was posted in response was mainly mockering and jokes, or complete dis-belief. I might be going out on a limb in saying this, but I feel that alot of the people who made such commentary do not truly understand the gravity of situation concerning the human body, let alone the potential of what we as people have the capacity of doing.
I always here people tell me that if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. And to a point, I feel that such a statement is true. But to what ends can you accomplish stuff. ya know!! I mean, for example if I were to tell you that back in the 1970's and 1980's that the C.I.A. was using pyschics and empathic individuals to help with government espinoage against the Russians, I might have a whole crowd of people laughing in my face and telling me that I was crazy! But the only way you as a skeptic would know for sure would be to do your homework and do your research and find out the truth for yourself. If those people aren't willing to try or put in the effort for themselves, then thats fine. But to completely ridicule them and calling them fakes or imposters without any crediable evidence to back it up, then I think those people should sit down and shut-up, or continue training and not worry about some dude who can cause you to physically collapse without making physical contact.
Actually about 2 weeks ago, Richard Mooney held a seminar on his Lin Kong Jing technique in Indiana, somewhat close to where I live (about 3 hours away). The seminar was 2 hours long and he was doing it in some martial art school. The seminar was like 120 dollars and I was seriously considering it. Unfortunetly, I had found out too late and wasn't able to go (plus I didn't have the cash either!!) If you want some documented facts on Qi-gong and things that relate to it, let me know and I'll see if I can e-mail you some references and such.

Buddhas flower

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx for the information
i am glad to see that at least one person here is taking some consideration into the thoughts of lin kong jing
i would appreciate if you could send me the relevant information at my email address, i would really appreciate it
there is also a person who emailed me requiring information, i would ask that person to also ask buddhas about what he requires, im sure buddhas could help him out
-ad

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: