Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...short?? 5'9" (?), slender and flexible, ain't that you spinninggumby?
..don't be messin' with me LOL j/k!

Radok
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Okinawan Shorin-ryu Karate-do

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a strong, stocky build, consider practicing shotokan or shorin-ryu karate. Those arts will allow you to showcase your strong hand technique and stances, and you can become very successful in competition and self-defense once you master them YA!!! Shorin ryu is for us strong mo-f0's the real butt kickers!! I love this art because it has taght me how to teach anyone who screws with me a serious lesson OUS!
Ok, I feel better now. Any way I think this is a serious art which will make a real martial artist. I AM #1! two is not a number and three nobody remembers. Nelly is the best.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Red J
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shaolin Kempo Sandan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get some good feedback by checking out the classes of your local schools. Try to get an appointment with the instructor and watch him/her teach. Hang out for a few minutes and talk to a few students. You can get a good feel for a school in just a short time without making a commitment.

Another approach is to sign up for a month special. If you don't like it, walk away and try another school. Good luck!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: