Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

jushin
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, yaw yan, bando and shootboxing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: looking for sponsors Reply with quote

Are there any websites who are looking for athletes to sponsor?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Chris from CT
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Jung Ki Hapkido, Shaolin Kempo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a musician with sponsors is similar to a martial artist. My advice is to go to any company, ask who is in charge of sponsorship and get a name and a number for that person specifically. First, start off with the martial art companies that you currently use their product. One ther thing... Don't limit yourself... then use your imagination and go to the companies that are outside of the martial arts that you use.

Companies want to sponsor people that will get their product name around so make sure you can back up why they should sponsor you. They want highly visible people. Include info on national/international tournaments you have participated and/or placed in, seminars that you have given, Newpaper/TV interviews, TV/films spots you have been in, etc.

Even if you haven't done some of these don't give up. You'll be suprised on who will give some type of sponsorship. Don't forget that there are different types and levels of sponsorship. (Discounted gear, free gear, advertising, cash, etc.) Something is always better than nothing and you can always move up in the future if you continue on. So what have you got to lose? Worst they can say is no, and even then you are building experience on how do be better prepared for the next time.

Go for it and good luck!
in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: