Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with fighting is that there are so many different kind of styles and there are kickboxing, muaythai, and sanshou. They are all about the same but different. that is why boxing is so rich, it is one. See, kickboxing won't let you use the knee, elbow, and kick below the waist. In Muay Thai, you can't do throws and take downs like sanshou ( in sanshou,for those that don't kown, only fight standing up like muay thai and kickboxing.). What if they all joined together into one loyal group with millions of fans for it. Like you can't use the elbows but you could use the nees. That would make the fight art a lot riches don't you think?

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pride series in Japan is the closest thing to that,they allow pretty much all rules even kicking them while they are down.When it comes to ultimate fighting I think that is the closest.

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno much about the pride thing but i know that k1 was very big when it came to Australia, it just needs more advertising, cos it was not done of tv.

Angus

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufc allows wrestling and hitting but some people might not be in intrested in wrestling and some might not like bone to bone contact so for those muaythai, kickboxing, sanshou, fighter, bone to bone contact, my idea would be good.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see it happening. In muay thai there is a great deal of tradition involved, and traditionalists are unlikely to change. A san shou fighter is probably reluctant to give up the ability to throw. Kickboxing in North America is in a sense a modification to appease lawmakers. We must remember that the boxing commission often still control things in alot of places.

Any type of fighting event will take $$$ away from boxing as a whole. I know that I have gone to fights were the San Shou rules have been modified to no "break the law". Same with Muay Thai...fights with no elbows!

Crossovers do happen, I have fought alot of muay thai fights as a san shou fighter, although I have only fought 1 NA Kickboxing fight, and could'nt handle not kicking to the legs (I still won but it was so awkward).

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't u think it ultimately comes down to the general ignorance of the general public towards the martial arts? Even some 'martial artists' are still ignorant to many things such as this topic.

We still live in a society dominated by boxing, and i know many a bloke who thinks kicking is 'girly' - therefore the martial arts in general are 'girly'... I know that i could annihilate these guys with only my hands, and some times i really want to show them what the 'womanesque' martial arts can do!

Angus

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Grily, Even a gril could kick their *! I don't know , now adays a lot of people seems to like the idea of kicking.

Warlock
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuayTB1 hey.
1 tip is allways look you oponent in the eye, I heard that if you do that you can see there whole body so keep you head facing your oponent and keep your gaurd up.

C U L8R.

C YA

Black Belt Schools (UK)
(Modorator of Fitness & Health)

ts757
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shout "oh my god" and point, the referee will look away and you can knee him in the groin. then when the ref looks round score. Deny Everything.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that there have been alot of problems with promoting any kind of fight other than boxing, in Canada.

In Ontario there is no San Shou events because of the tight regulation by the boxing commission (not allowing below the waist kicks).

Also in Canada the law on the books making "prizefighting illegal". I know that the police rounded up guys fighting in the Battlecade Extreme fighting Challenge years ago, when they fought on the Mohawk reserve.

I must admit though it is getting better, I know in Calgary now they are promoting full muay thai bouts with elbows permitted. Something that was never allowed in the past.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: