Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

CredoTe
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Matsubayashi-Ryu (Shorin-Ryu), Hung Gar (Hung Siu Lum)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nidan Melbourne wrote:
I spar with girls in my karate classes all the time. one or two of them always make a fuss when punched in their breasts. but when they arc up about it, my sensei always tells them that they should expect it. Especially in a real self defence situation the attacker will want to go for any part of their body.

The rest of the girls in my classes are cool with being hit anywhere on their body.

Its like when a female kicks us in the gonads. and we arc up I wonder what your instructor would have said.

Absolutely... We make sure our female adult students understand that we're not going to make exceptions; that, just as much as we men expect women to use their "2nd nature" skills to kick us in the crotch, they should expect attackers on the street to go for their "T&A" so to speak. At the very least, attackers will do it for the shock factor, and worst, it'll turn into a rape/sexual assault.

The only catch we have is for underage female students. Because of their status as minors, that changes how we are able to handle them. When sparring female minors, we instructors strictly go for solar plexus, stomach, etc when striking at their torsos...

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

CredoTe
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Matsubayashi-Ryu (Shorin-Ryu), Hung Gar (Hung Siu Lum)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify from my previous post, while we don't make exceptions, we don't just aim for a female student's "T&A" when attacking (that would make us perverts if we did ). We aim for the usual targets (solar plexus, stomach, vitals with control, etc), but an occasional strike will land in or near their "T&A" area....

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CredoTe wrote:
Nidan Melbourne wrote:
I spar with girls in my karate classes all the time. one or two of them always make a fuss when punched in their breasts. but when they arc up about it, my sensei always tells them that they should expect it. Especially in a real self defence situation the attacker will want to go for any part of their body.

The rest of the girls in my classes are cool with being hit anywhere on their body.

Its like when a female kicks us in the gonads. and we arc up I wonder what your instructor would have said.

Absolutely... We make sure our female adult students understand that we're not going to make exceptions; that, just as much as we men expect women to use their "2nd nature" skills to kick us in the crotch, they should expect attackers on the street to go for their "T&A" so to speak. At the very least, attackers will do it for the shock factor, and worst, it'll turn into a rape/sexual assault.

The only catch we have is for underage female students. Because of their status as minors, that changes how we are able to handle them. When sparring female minors, we instructors strictly go for solar plexus, stomach, etc when striking at their torsos...

I agree with you on that when it comes to minors and how you handle them.

We strike them differently but they are aware that we will accidentally strike their breasts and that we didn't do it intentionally. The girls that train in our adults class are understanding when it comes to that (except a couple that like to throw tantrums because of it). Besides when we do accidentally strike their privates they do go "game on" or just say "my bad for not protecting myself" then they will aim for a groin kick. Otherwise they just go OOSU and continue fighting.

But with our junior minors we do act carefully when it comes to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12
Jump to: