Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

mushybees
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Wado ryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
Female UFC fighters, like it or not; they are here to stay.

Is this fair to say, is ths correct?

They are here to stay and I like it.

Alan Armstrong wrote:

Eventually with equality and diversity men and women, will be fighting each other in the octagon, in the distant future; it's just a matter of time.

Is this fair to say, is this correct?

I disagree. There may be very rare occassions where a woman who is particularly genetically gifted may fight a man but it won't ever be the norm and imo will never be more than a curio.

Alan Armstrong wrote:

Will you be for or against men and women fighting each other in the octagon?

Is this fair to say, is this correct?

I will be against it on the basis that, to make it work, a male ufc fighter would have to operate under a handicap of some sort to level the playing field. I don't see the point of it. It's patronising for the female fighter and for either outcome the victory would be tainted.

When a fighter from a lower division moves up for a fight they do it at a disadvantage but the rules aren't altered to suit the challenger. If there are no concessions made for the female fighter there is no competition for all the reasons I've already discussed in this thread.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Trek:

A lesson learned mushybees

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=33OadzYZ8YI

Now it is my turn to bow out

Trailer_Ape
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Funky and Fresh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video of the prank, with the female pro, was amazing! I shared it with a couple friends. Good find! However, it does not sway my opinion. In fact, I wish that girl from the video was here. We could ask her - would you like a title fight with a male, in your weight class, who has a record comparable to yours? The same years of training as you?

Think she would be interested? What if she had a career riding on that fight (pros kinda do, the more they lose, the less marketable they are). Obviously, I can not speak for her (inappropriate AND she might beat me up) but I'd guess she rather compete with women.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: