Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Many Small Cool Additions! Reply with quote

Hey,

Over the last couple of days, I have installed some cool little add ons. Here are some of them:

Users Online Today - At the bottom of the main page, you will find an area that will list the users that have visited in that day.

Also, this ties in with each user profile, because in each profile it will display the date that the user last visited the site.

Better Time Format - In your profile, you can choose the time format that you wish to use by selecting it in a drop down.

Search in Forum - In each forum, you will find a search box that will enable you to do a keyword search in that forum.

Send Topic to a Friend - At the bottom right of each thread, right below the content, you will see "Email this topic to a friend" by clicking this, you can send a link to that topic to a friend of yours.

Quick Reply - Add the botton of each thread, you will see a text box titled "Quick Reply." You can use this to reply to that thread instead of pressing "Post Reply." If you want to format your messages in a fancy way, you will still want to press the Post Reply button, but if you are just typing a quick message, this will make it easier for you.

We have also added some small things here and there that are too small to mention, but I am sure you will notice them.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

LeaF
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great Patrick! I just had one question about the Users Online Today thingy at the bottem of the main index. I noticed a couple days ago the numbers were jumping around like for instance it said there was 110 who visited the site, but then a couple hours later it said there were only 52 who visited the site that day, it may have already been fixed, just thought I would bring it to your attention. Other than that little thing the site looks great

I AM CANADIAN

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaf,

Glad you like it.

It is possible that the day had elapsed and that it had refreshed and started counting visitors again. (It deletes all recorded visitors every 24 hours).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really likeing the quick reply.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good things come in small packages ... Patrick you are spoiling us ... !
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: