Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: March Madness 2019 Reply with quote

How are your brackets holding up? Marquette, Syracuse, and just now K-State losing didn’t do me any favors. Other than those, I’m sitting pretty nice. For the time being

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one fills out brackets? Heresy! Or did everyone throw out their sheets on Saturday?

I’ve got 2...

First round 25-7 on one and 24-8 on the other.
Second round - zero losses on either sheet so far.

Although UCF is giving Duke a run for their money. Tied at 57 with under 10 minutes to play. As a UNC fan, I’ll take a Duke loss any day, even if it costs me a game or two on my sheet

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UCF lost a true heartbreaker. Down one, final possession, and a tough layup goes in and out of the basket. Teammate gets an offensive rebound, and rolls around inside the basket and doesn’t fall. One of those games that it’s truly unfortunate someone had to lose. Duke played well and deserved the win, but they know they got lucky.

Another win on my sheet. I was rooting for UCF even though I was betting against them. Would’ve loved to see them pull off that upset.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filled one out for the family pool. Took some chances in the first couple rounds. Going pretty well so far, but lost my first Sweet 16 and Elite 8 team when Buffalo lost today. Hoping for an Oregon win tonight.

This link should work: http://freebracketchallenge.1.mayhem.cbssports.com/brackets/shareable-bracket/993e469f280eb918fbcfaa5107854e9a15f5cd5f3b303dd7?randkey=576766&ttag=BC19_tw_sh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
I filled one out for the family pool. Took some chances in the first couple rounds. Going pretty well so far, but lost my first Sweet 16 and Elite 8 team when Buffalo lost today. Hoping for an Oregon win tonight.

This link should work: http://freebracketchallenge.1.mayhem.cbssports.com/brackets/shareable-bracket/993e469f280eb918fbcfaa5107854e9a15f5cd5f3b303dd7?randkey=576766&ttag=BC19_tw_sh

Edited due to confusion...

I took Buffalo on one sheet and Texas Tech on the other. I need Oregon and Houston to win to have 14 out of 16 in the Sweet 16 correct. Marquette and Buffalo are my only two misses in my original bracket. My second bracket will be 12 out of 16 regardless of the final two games tonight.

Oregon’s dominating Irvine right now. I’m surprised the score is as close as it is, even though Oregon’s up by 12 at the half.

I need Oregon and Houston to win to have 14 out of 16 right for the Sweet 16. Marquette and Kansas State going out in the first round hurt me. I didn’t have either one going to the Elite 8, so I’m sitting better than I could’ve been.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just now seeing this. So far, my bracket is holding up well. I've got Duke and UNC in my finals, and all of my Final Four teams are still in it (Duke, UNC, Tennessee, and Gonzaga).

The K-State and Iowa State losses have hurt me the most so far, as I had both of those teams getting to Sweet Sixteen.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything was going great until Gonzaga. I'll still win the family pool, but the rest is in the toilet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Everything was going great until Gonzaga. I'll still win the family pool, but the rest is in the toilet.

Yeah, I was hoping for a repeat for Gonzaga!! The clock was on Texas Tech's side as the game reached its final minutes!!

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had a solid final 4 and championship. Then Auburn impressed everyone and took away my Tar Heels. Then Texas Tech knocked off Michigan.

I had Michigan vs Michigan State (Michigan State winning), and UNC vs Virginia, with UNC winning it all.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I ran out of characters
I’ve met Bruce Pearl behind the scenes and few times. Great guy who’s exactly like he comes off on TV. I’m rooting for him even though he knocked off UNC. If it was anyone, I’m glad it was him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: