Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

RDsynMBZ
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: karate, tae-kwon-do, lil of kyokyushinkai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: martial arts in publi schools could it work? Reply with quote

i think martial arts is one of the greatest involvements there is and it can really spark a crowd, so why not put it in public schools , like junior high through highschooli think students would benefit greatly now im biased to the fact of this but i can think of a bunch of different things that would be negative and they do out weigh the good but wouldnt that be good u kould learn to fight and then there kould be like performance katas and sparring for meets, good idea?

Menjo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt it, mostly because it seems any MA that isnt MMA wont be respected by average public schools

RDsynMBZ
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wht is MMA?

MenteReligieuse
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Did Mizong Lawhorn and Wing Chun, now boxing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed Martial Arts, or "modern" martial arts if you wish.

But MA aren't for anyone. Not necessarily be a good idea to to give fighting classes to kids with disorders (i.e. violent). Maybe feasible for senior years.

Here in Quebec, we got CEGEPs, which is between highscool and college, my cegep gives TKD, jujitsu and defendo/self-defense classes....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

RDsynMBZ
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

oh ya i see wht ur sayin , and my belt went from a white to yellow how does that happen i didnt do anything?

ncole_91
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually when I got more experienced, I was thinking of doing some Martial Arts classes during lunch or after school. I am in grade 10, got about 1 year exp. and in grade 12 I thought I might start teaching it to get some more experience. I am not sure if it would work though......

Menjo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you know what your teaching so throughly it......i cant think of a clever saying but i think you get the point

RDsynMBZ
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncole_91 wrote:
Actually when I got more experienced, I was thinking of doing some Martial Arts classes during lunch or after school. I am in grade 10, got about 1 year exp. and in grade 12 I thought I might start teaching it to get some more experience. I am not sure if it would work though......

i would be all for that if someone wanted to do that at myschool im in grade 11 i got almost 2 years exp in karate i dont know if i would ever hold one but if like a group wanted to then i would there are some people i know that have about 6 years in MMA and some black belts so it would be kool i think it might be hard though convincin the teachers or administrators to co-operate with you, unless its a non-school activity but after school and promote it at school. What style is your karate>?

ncole_91
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do Shotokan, and I really don't know anyone else that does Shotokan. I know a few other people that do Martial Arts like Goju-Ryu and TKD, but I am not sure how serious they are. Next year in Grade 11, i will probably start talking to my Shihan and see what he thinks.

I am sure i would only need to get teacher approval, and probably make everyone sign a contract saying injuries aren't the schools, or my fault, stuff like that.

I don't think they would allow sparring, not sure though, but I would definately have a rule like have to be a yellow belt inorder to spar because I do not want ppl coming just because they want to fight.

I still got lots of planning to do, butit seems like a good idea to me

RDsynMBZ
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really mostly all the people that do karate i know is shotokan maybe just bigger in other places idk, where i went im lookin for new places now i took shotokan ,TKD, and kyokyushinkai. it was mostly the first 2 the kicks are TKD mostly and the katas are shotokan, i like doin katas im workin on kanku dai or kwanku and jihon. wht about u ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: