Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

isshinryu5toforever
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshin-Ryu Karate, Jidokwon Taekwondo, Kyokushinkan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groinstrike wrote:
isshinryu5toforever wrote:
As far as I know, there is not a single person that can authentically prove their lineage in ninjitsu without a lot of leaps of faith. The last person who could authenticate his claims died nearly 50 years ago. This looks like a money making thing.

As i believe the above posters have touched on, couldn't this be said about many martial artists. There are many martial artists that even though have no lineage to any significant founder of that art, have through research started practicing an art in the same tradition as its founders. I don't see how you can discredit a person for the soul fact that they cannot trace their lineage back to a certain person.

That's true when you're talking about most martial arts in general. Taekwondo and Tangsoodo's claims have been talked about on here extensively. Okinawan systems can't go back farther than say 1880 or so. When you're talking about authentic Japanese koryu though, you have a different argument.

If you want to claim a link to true Japanese koryu arts you need to have solid documentation. All of the currently recognized arts do. There's a pretty good list here: http://www.koryu.com/guide/ryuguide.html

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

moriniuk
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Interested in all martial arts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard about this school before but I have heard of a Chinese Kung Fu live in camp in the north of Thailand.

As for asking someone who lives in Thailand about this camp. There's a good chance that people living less than 100m away from it will not even know it's there. Not because it's a clandestine ninja camp, but because that's what it's like in Thailand. I've looked for Thai Boxing camps there before and asked locals where they are in Thai language and unless you're virtually on top of the place, nobody knows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: