Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

scohen0300
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Matsubayashi Shorin Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Meijin Uniforms Reply with quote

I’ll start off by saying that I’ve been using the Meijin Tropical gi (I have 3 of them now) since 2010 and I’ve never even had an interest in changing brands. It’s not too heavy, it’s quite comfortable, and it doesn’t restrict my movement in the slightest. They even have ventilated underarm gussets! The price is also fair, nowhere near as expensive as Seishin (lol sorry Jesse).

But what I can’t figure out, is what exactly is the difference between each Meijin uniform? Asking because their descriptions online sound more like the same advertisement for each one. They offer the following:
- Meijin Dojo
- Meijin Tropical
- Meijin Champ
- Meijin Premium Black
- Meijin Pro

Has anyone tried more than one of these, particularly the Meijin Dojo gi?
My tropical gi is 10oz and the Meijin Pro is 14oz, so maybe they go up in order of weight and thickness? I would have bought the Meijin Dojo, but I feared it was going to be one of those cheap 6 or 8 oz gi‘s, the kind that dojo’s tend to give out to new students.

I’d rather not buy one and go through the process of returning it if I don’t like it 😂 thank you in advance!

Baka718
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Wrestling, Judo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How light is the Meijin Dojo?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baka718 wrote:
How light is the Meijin Dojo?

That Gi is 8 ounces!! A very nice and durable Gi!! Many well known Okinawan Masters wear Meijin Gi's, including Meijin Dojo Gi.

Like scohen0300, I've several Meijin Gi's personally myself, if not all of them, several times over. Now, having a MA supply store inside my dojo, I stock a wide variety of different brands of Gi's in all sizes and weights and colors, and not just for Karate.

So, Meijin is a great Gi overall, and as the CI of my own dojo, I can personally vouch for them. Nonetheless, I can also vouch for the various other Gi brands personally, and not just professionally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: