Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Harkon72
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Okinawan Karate, Aikido, Ninpo.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trained with a former Women's World Champion, I've got the scars to prove it. I spar with my wife, she is smaller but she can still hurt me. She knows I have the control to train safely with her, gender is no issue.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm concerned...

When on the floor; gender doesn't exist!!

seikokaistudent
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shito Ryu, BJJ, Ryu Kyu Kobudo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am male, young and in pretty good condition, I hit hard unless asked (or instructed) not to and expect the same from others. In a real life situation I would probably subdue or avoid a fight with a woman. Not because I think women are weak, just out of pure gentlemanliness

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in class i couldn't care less if i am partnered with a male or female. BECAUSE by me not giving 100% to my partner at all times they aren't going to learn anything or get used to being hit.

when i hear people go "you can't hit me because i'm a girl but i can hit you as hard as i want" i don't care.

Unless i am told otherwise for good reasons then i won't hit hard. a good reason would be when we are doing things that can be dangerous or if we are learning something. Otherwise if the person has a pre-existing injury then that is a valid reason, and if you are much stronger than your partner then you adjust how hard you hit.

I hit both genders equally as hard because if they do get into a situation that they do have to hit hard or get hit hard then it won't phase them.

I do understand that socially that people do see hitting females is wrong, but IMHO i am not showing them the same respect by hitting them softer than i do against the guys. I am all for equality and treating men and women EXACTLY the same.

I also expect that both genders will hit me with the same amount of force. That way i can learn to accept that pain is ok.

But I also expect when we are doing things hard that you will also at the same time not aim to cause injury or arm at locations that could be extremely dangerous (Head and Neck for instance) and cause severe & long term injury
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: