Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Aces Red
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo (Orange Belt), Thai-Ju-Jitsu (Unranked), Tang Soo Do (Yellow)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Most Common Types of Attacksers Reply with quote

Normally here were I live an attacker is most commonly provoked when a person(s) have a verbal argument or are just angry at another person, object, thing, or idea. I also see a lot of people fighting in large groups against one person, most commonly improvising weaponry they find lying around the area such as sticks, rocks, toys, sand, and etc.

So what are some of the most common or rarest attackers that you know of?

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has you mentioned, ego plays a big factor in most attacks. If people are provoked verbally, then attacks that could normally be avoided will occur. Also its common for attacks to occur if a person wants something e.g. money, possessions, etc.

Finally, alcohol and drug use plays a large part in alot of attacks also. So much so that in our part of town the police have recently set up a unit that specifically targets licensed venues in an effort to reduce alcohol fueled violence and crimes.

Rainbow_Warrior
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Now : MMA/luta livre/Thai , before :Kung fu,kick boxing , boxing, amateur wrestling

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. I think that most common tipe of attackers are those who ask you for money in ´´good´´ manners ( Ie: hey buddy , dont u have buck for the bus ?...And when you say NO , they start to complain , and to escalate in higher levels of verbal agression, reaching a point when physical violence is impossible to avoid.

Existence_is _suffering
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: I have experience in Aikido, Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drugged up psycho that wants to tear your head off to see the blood.. (May be a bit of an over-statement but...) Not common where I live.

armanox
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu, Hapkido, Aikido

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the encounters I see are do to alcohol, sadly. People drink too much and think themselves invincible.

Throwdown0850
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Judo, BJJ, Uechi Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your are talking about the attack itself then probably the sucker punch or the haymaker. always keep your distance. let them come to you. that puts them in your battlefield, not theirs.

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, booze. The number one factor in turning emotional distess into physical conflict world-wide. Or at least my little corner of it.

What this generally means for most people dealing with these idiots is that you will not be able to reason with them with any sort logic. Something to keep in mind while preparing for this typoe of conflict.

Tiger1962
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Former SBD; interest in all training styles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most common I've heard of is groups of young adults or teens attacking one person. I guess they feel tougher or braver in numbers.

joesteph
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was some years ago, before my boys were born (and they're seven now), that I got out of my car at night and a guy was calling to me. At first I thought it was someone asking me something, but then with his foul language and mannerisms I realized he was a drunk. I walked over to my steps, with him still spouting, and I gave him the "Uh-huh, yeah, right" bit as I got up to about the third or fourth step.

He did walk over to me, and I was ready, being on the "high ground," to kick him right down the stairs. His mouth stayed foul, and I responded with something sarcastic like, "Wow, I'm afraid!" He looked at me, then looked away, and went on his drunken way, cursing either at me or the Man in the Moon, I have no idea.

I believe that if I had argued with him, maybe even stood there on the same street level, then there would have been a fight. As it turned out, I was ready, but he disappeared into the night. I'd never seen him before; I've never seen him since.

More than one member who posted has referred to alcohol, and I'm in agreement.

ElShaft
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shoto-Budo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drunk 18-20 year old males in nightclubs with a bit too much ego or feel thay have somthing to prove. Never seen any of them do someone any real damage though the bouncers in the places i go to keep a close eye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: