Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

fightguy
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did kickboxing for a couple of months but the instructor was complete joke so I quit. Now I am thinking of starting muay thai, but first I want to know what techniques are the most simple and still effective. I have heard of a kick to the kneecap and one to the solar plexus that work on bigger opponents. How do I do these? Any help would be appreciated.

Eye of the Tiger
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your other post you said you did Muay Thai for a couple of months.

Knees and elbows are very effective. If you are facing a larger oppenant, its good to keep him at a distance and use your agility against him and constant kicking him with quick jabs and elbows. Anyway just go and join Muay Thai if you want. Follow your instincts.

Go and introduce your self to everyone on the introductions forum.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty hard to hit the knee cap in sparring or in a real fight, especially when your opponent is moving around and/or charging at you. My personal favourite is a crushing thigh kick, I love those, so powerful and easy. I also like a front kick with the lead foot, very quick and you can generate a lot of power with it. I love elbows, elbows are extremly powerful and when you think about it, a much safer bet, there's only one part of your body that can stuff up, that's your shoulder. When you punch, you've got you fist, forearm and shoulder that can stuff up.

Bigger opponent ? How big are you ? I'm around 180, not really big or small, I actually feel quite small considering some of the guys I wrestle with are around 220+..

Are you talking about fighting a bigger opponent on the street or in sparring ? I wouldn't know, haha, I like to think I'm the big dude, even when I'm not.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

JKDfreak
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do any Muay Thai but in my JKD class our sifu showed us the useful techniques of Muay Thai:knee kick ,elbow techniques ,and I asked him if he knew some others and he told me that the most used kick for Muay thai was the roundhouse shin kick where u throw a roundhouse but u hit with ur shin!!!
Another technique is u grab ur opponent with ur 2 arms around his neck and u throw knee kicks to his ribs!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: