Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Tyler
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Kobudo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject: Moving back to San Diego California this Fall and........ Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I will finally be moving back to San Diego California form this fall mostly becuase the parents are in ill health and the last 3 years under the covid lockdown has basically destroyed my familys financial existence.

I will buy a pool route to generate some income but am interested in knowing if it's feasible to find a DoJo that might need some Karate instructors or any good ways to advertise to teach privatye lessons for beginners?

I feel like I have been away from the States so long...... (pmsl!!) when I lived there last the Yellow pages was the main means of adversting!

any suggestions would be appreciated!

cheers,
Tim

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man do I remember the Yellow Pages; those were the days. Great thing is the internet, Google for example, replaced the Yellow Pages quite handily. I suppose if I was you, I'd let my fingers walk through the internet, Google for example, and start reaching out to the Shorin-ryu dojo's located in San Diego. Unfortunately, I've no knowledge about any particular Shorin-ryu dojo's in San Diego.

Sorry to hear about your parents being in ill health; prayers to them and hope their health improves. The 3 years lockdown due to the pandemic has stripped a lot of bank account, and I'm sorry to hear that that's happened to you.

Pass and hang out flyers to generate interest in your offering of private lessons. Anything is feasible especially if one is pro-active.

Here's a link that might help you enquire if they're hiring MA instructors...

https://shorinkansandiego.com/

I don't know them, but I let my fingers do some walking until I saw them. Might be worth a phone call.

I wish you and your parents the best and will keep you all in my prayers.

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:

Here's a link that might help you enquire if they're hiring MA instructors...

https://shorinkansandiego.com/

I don't know them, but I let my fingers do some walking until I saw them. Might be worth a phone call.

The school Bob mentions, here, is run by Salvatore Cirincione, who is a student of Nabil Noujaim down in El Centro. The Shorinkan tends to be pretty particular about its instructors being Shorinkan-trained, and I'm not sure which branch of Shorin-Ryu you have trained in, but it's worth asking if you're really wanting to teach. I'd be happy to discuss my experiences with those folks privately, if you'd like more information.
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Tyler
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Kobudo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:25 am    Post subject: Thanks Sensei 8 and Wastelander Reply with quote

Thank you both for your invfomative information.

The flyers is a great idea especially in upscale neighborhoods where you could get more for private lessons. It might be a better approach as I would be interested in people who are truly interested in practicing Karate rather than teaching younger children perhaps in the beginning.

I do know there is a dojo in Oceanside California with a talented Sensei Armando of Champion Eyes dojo and there are a few Shorin ryu and Kobudo based Dojos in San Diegp.

Alohas,
Tim'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: