Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Taikudo-ka
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The reson you dont see the fancy kicks in real mauy thai fights is not cos they dont exsist, but because they is not often a time where kicks like that can be used efectivly , Mauy thai is about as real to fighting as you can get, apart from ufc etc. where as arts like karate incorperate unrealistic moves witch confuse the practitoner and stop them using the moves that work."

Eh??? Muay Thai incorporates fancy, "unrealisitc" stuff, but Muay Thai fighters are smart enough only use the effective stuff in the ring. Karate incorporates fancy, "unrealistic" stuff, but Karateka are unable to figure out the difference between this and what works, and just become confused in a fight...?!?

Is your opinion of the average karateka's intelligence that low?

dafabe
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-10 22:23, Taikudo-ka wrote:

Eh??? Muay Thai incorporates fancy, "unrealisitc" stuff, but Muay Thai fighters are smart enough only use the effective stuff in the ring. Karate incorporates fancy, "unrealistic" stuff, but Karateka are unable to figure out the difference between this and what works, and just become confused in a fight...?!?

Is your opinion of the average karateka's intelligence that low?

No my opinion is most KarateKA dont have real fights and there for dont know what is efective and is not, they also are not expecting anything other than Karate techniques, as there oponent wont score for using something that is not in the system. Karate compititions are like strategic games where you have a long list of moves you can perform and set ways to counter them.

where as mauy thai is still very strategic but you can do almost anything and there for it is more to do with seeing openings and using the best thing you can think of at the time , (whitch may or may not be something you have dont before) I am not saying Karateka are unintelegant far from it it takes alot longer to be proficent at karateka than thai but that is because of the set moves,

I think Karate is a great sport and admire pratitioners, however is is more to do with learning an acent art, than fighting.

suming it up Thai boxers are hardened fighters, and Karateka are Karateka.

excuse all the spelling mistakes please.

lol

- Dave

ramcalgary
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thai fighting has its limitations too.

dafabe
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-11 07:22, ramcalgary wrote:
thai fighting has its limitations too.

yes there is limitations in mauy thai, as you obviously know them could you please share them with us all and we will compare them with the limitations of karate?

the main limitation is you stick to pure mauy thai i supose is no ground work, but most schools teach bjj basics/vale tudo etc. along with thai.

- Dave
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: