Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

shabz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes during training we practice mutiple attacks.3 people get up and 2 attack 1.
What i find works for me in mutiple attacks is to concentrate on 1 person then worry about the rest. If you try and hit them all your gonna get tired pretty quick then they all jump on you

Jade_Lotus
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if unfortunate enough to be placed in a situation that you cannot get out of and are forced to defend yourself from multiple opponents, each hit must count. If you knock someone down, do it as such that they will NOT get back up. Every hit must be to a vital area, there are many on the human body, utilize them. Be efficient, don't waste energy doing pointless moves. Having been assaulted serveral times on the street by multiple attackers, each was ended quickly. Any fight will not last long, and things will happen very fast. In my situations, when I hit the first attacker, he fell, and did not get back up, I hit him in a vital area, and I hit him HARD. When faced with more than one opponent, and it is clear that you can't talk, or walk your way out, don't let them make the first move. Stike first, fast and powerful! Don't slow down, and don't pull punches or kicks. This has been my experience.

Animis Opibusque Parati

Blammo
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Muay Thai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been taught to control the fight by utilizing push kicks. Especially toward the knees and thighs. Learn to throw the push kick in all directions with both legs. Even modify it so it's like a side kick.

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here its another option..
you are attacked by.. lets say 3.
Get the first one and hit it as hard as you can and then cripple him someway, while you are working on the first guy, the other two will jump you and will kick your butt.
But you'll have taken at least one.. 3 against 1, lets be real, you were going to get you butt kicked anyway, so its better to take a beating from 2 than taking it from 3..

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blammo wrote:
I've been taught to control the fight by utilizing push kicks.

So, you're just pushing your attackers away and not trying to drop them ?

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omnifinite wrote:
Nail the first guy hard... it'll help lower the morale of the others.

The fight psycology. Theres a guy called geoff Thompson who has written a whole book on this. It's all about lowering your opponents adrenaline so they feel the pain, rather then them being so 'high' on adrenaline you can't do anything with them.

I agree take out the loudest or biggest guy first with the most violent attack you know. The rest won't want to play.

Bretty

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of getting some of Geoff Thompson's books, I know that he covers a lot of grappling and psycology as you said. Which book is that one in?

Take Care.

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kensai wrote:
I was thinking of getting some of Geoff Thompson's books, I know that he covers a lot of grappling and psycology as you said. Which book is that one in?

Take Care.

I think it's "fear the friend of exceptional people" or something like that or it might be "the fence" I read them a while ago. His motto is "Know Fear"

He's writes some interesting stuff on adrenaline (check out his web site) and real fighting. Though his story writing seems a little fictional.

Bretty
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: