Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a multiple attack situation it is always a good thing to leave yourself an avenue of escape, thus not having your back to a wall. Perhaps the only advantage to the wall is not having someone else come up from behind.

Footwork is vital and so long as you have your footwork, you can continue to move to an area of safety, thus using one or more of the attackers as a shield/barrier against the others. Also, if you strike, strike the one that is closest to you or the one who initiates the first attack.

Taikudo-ka
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link has an interesting story of Mas Oyama and one other guy taking on a gang of seven punks.

http://donbas.com/prologue.html

There's even an example of how boards CAN fight back... And how breaking techniques can be useful in a real fight.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was interesting. Thanks

jakmak52
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: ITF TKD (Chang Hon) & Shotokan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in real multiple attacks before, what works for me is focusing on the closet opponent and working your way out , concentrating on sweeps, eye strikes, throat strikes, and knee attacks...I want to end this quickly with the least amount of damage to myself first and foremost..at that point in time, you become hypervigilent and your martial arts training plays a major role in your survival...I do not want to kill my opponents, just incapicitate them for the time being...thats where control comes in as well...easier said than done..I know, that's why I train

tigerstyle18
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they key other than footwork is very apparent in Jiggy9's little video. BE AGGRESSIVE!!! He never gave those guys a second chance to think. I was impressed. Hey Jiggy, where did you find that? Did this guy study MA? If so what did he study?

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look like he studies martial arts to me. Guy only had a right fist, not much else

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did not even need training, see? The key is to along with having the correct strategies, is having the correct mindset. Aggressiveness, no fear, and speed. With these he managed to suprise all of them and pick them apart. See how he was only fighting one of them at a time?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched that video again and again - and you know, I think those guys were wussies and Im not sure if they wanted to start the fight in the first place.

Just watch the guy who is infront of him in the beggining, he's cowering with his hands up when the other guys are being pushed around....and when he's pushes the guy on his left the rest stay where they are, and then when he punched the guy infront of him the guy on the right just stands there. I think if they were the main aggressors they would have to tried to jump him from behind or something - then again he could have just been * in his pants and too scared to do it...I dont know, because those guys were all around him @ the start.

Dragonstyle, i personally found that video @ fight authority but I've been told its on a CKY aswell - I dont know if he studied any martial arts or anything! Cool video though hey!

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately, those guys were pussies!

I have been in a multiple attack before and they weren't scared, as soon I hit one guy another one was already hitting me.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

jahred
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's from bam margera's CKY 3, a very amusing video. you can buy it on dvd or download it from morpheus/kazaa/etc.

and those guys were total wusses. they may have verbally attacked him, but he started the fight.. i'm pretty sure those guys weren't looking to throw down.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: