Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 6:36 pm    Post subject: Mundine knocked out. Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ahazmaksya
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see it, but I saw it on the news.

Damn Mundine...'I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the man....BAM!! KO!!

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, i must say that hearing of Mundane's knockout made my day. I almost hit the roof with joy to see that loud mouthed spam go down. The last dude he fought should have won on points too but i reckon the judges were about as straight as a pretzel during that fight.
I wouldn't mind a piece of 'The Man', even if he is a good boxer. This goes back to the situation with Kickboxing and Boxing again. All these boxers get paid more than kickboxers but i bet a boxer wouldn't last 3 rounds with Muay Thai bloke of the same weight division. So all the boxers go around with big heads and stuff, and some of them with loud mouths like this piece of crap Mundine, while a kickboxer goes out there and does a harder job due to having to be smarter because the legs are being used as well, but they only earn a fraction of the money. This really gets up my nose. Humble boxers i don't mind, but i'd love to see all these fools with big mouths go the distance with a kickboxer.

Angus

Slim
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, you dont like the guy because he boasts about being a good boxer? Then say that you'de like a peice of him?
And tell me, if Muay Thai guys are so great, why arn't they there winning and earning the big bucks in the boxing ring? Actually here in NZ this is happening, except for the kickboxers-kicking-everyones-* part. Sure they're good, but no better or worse than the boxers.
Having a big mouth is not a Mundine thing, its a fighter thing, from before Ali up to today, why in this very forum you hear some wild claims, the difference between hearing them across the net and hearing it from a real life prize winning fighter is..you know where Im going with this. Its easy to boast on the net.
I like Mundine, I hope he does well. Hes a tall poppy, there will always be people who dont like him. At one stage Ali was very unpopular for the nation of islam thing, and being black and outspoken. Next thing hes a hero. I thing a fighter is a fighter, not a politition or spokesperson, or religious figure. As far as I know Mundine hasnt been inside for beating weaker people, so he must be living by the code at least a little.
Nothing personal, its my opinion.

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's fine... And i'm not saying i'd have much of a chance against him because i must reluctantly admit that he has some talent, but just to have a piece would be nice. As for the MT dudes not going into boxing and winning, well, they do Muay Thai, not boxing. Forces of habit would take over and they'd get into one of those 'hugs' that the boxers do and the next thing that happens is the MT dude gets kicked out cos he forgot where he was and kneed the boxer in the ribs.

That last post of mine also made a general statement about boxers with loud mouths. I know the young people my age, who weren't around in Ali's time of glory, reckon he was kinda like 'Rocky', kinda humble and all that. But as has been said Ali was a loud mouth, especially before the rumble in the jungle. We don't hear much about his loud mouth attitude these days, only the fact that he was a champion.
Okay okay okay, being a loudmouth gets more attention, sells tickets, but why? I grew up learning that nobody likes a smartarse. Mundine is just a current example of this stuff, but they have been around all the time.
One person i particularly like is Stan 'The Man' Longinidis. He became world heavyweight kickboxing champion in 1990 and he greeted his title not with 'look how good i am', but with tears of joy, and respect, while his oponent tried to put it down to dirty dealings in his speech right after the match.

I likes Mundine a lot more when he played for St. George (? - was that the team - ?). Bah!

Angus

Ahazmaksya
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St George St Smorge, I'm an A.F.L man

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft! AFL's girlie...

"Ooo, let's jump in the air and catch a football, then later we can go back to my house and paint each other's toenails..."

Hahahaha,
Angus

Ahazmaksya
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets play Rugby...grab a ball and run straight into packs of fat men, and get fingers shoved up our *...

:razz:

[ This Message was edited by: Ahazmaksya on 2001-12-07 00:01 ]

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, checkmate!

Angus

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if he is the best why was he knocked down i guess now he has someone that's acually he could have a good fight with

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: