Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like mostly good news here. Glad to hear it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Dr. Goodman was there today, but instead of him, he sent in his PAC, Ralph. That's fine. After all, Ralph works for Dr. Goodman.

I asked about my blood work results. My PSA has dropped once again, which is great, this time my PSA went from 0.09 to 0.06. I'll take it. Any decrease is a win for me.

Ralph showed me my Chart. It has NO RED MARKS whatsoever. That's great too. Why is that great? RED MARKS on a Chart are concerned issues that need to be addressed.

Things are looking good in my follow-up!!

Now, comes what I must address. When I went to see visit my Radiation Oncologist, Dr. Michael Becker a few weeks ago, I was informed that for the 28 weeks of Radiation Therapy, Dr. Becker was going to concentrate on my prostate. Then a week after that, Dr. Becker was going to concentrate for 3-5 days on my spine at my T12, L4, and L2.

L2!! That I wasn't expecting at all.

I ask Ralph, how can Dr. Becker know I have a L2...What L2?? Can only diagnose the spine through a CT scan type, and I've only seen Dr. Becker twice, and the first time, I did NO CT scans. Since I've been in Las Vegas, I've only done 2 CT scans for Dr. Goodman, not Dr. Becker.

At each follow-up with Dr. Goodman, I always verify that my only concerns are with my T12 and L4. Dr. Goodman has never ever mentioned L2...Houston never mentioned L2, just T12 and L4.

If the PSA is going down, then how's that possible if L2 is a "NEW" diagnose. But the PSA is still going down...can't have the PSA going down and have a new diagnose at L2.

If the L2 IS a new diagnose, then Dr. Goodman needs to explain to me why he's never ever told me about L2!! Ralph's quite understanding in my firm tone. Ralph tells me he's going to investigate about the L2.

Don't ever sugarcoat me ever. I may not like what the doctor(s) tell me, but never sugarcoat the truth with me!!

Ralph returns after conversing with Dr. Goodman, and tells me that one of Dr. Goodman's nurse will contact me with their findings about this L2. I accept that, and I go schedule my other appointments.

While waiting to schedule my appointments, Ralph comes to where I'm sitting, bend down to tell me that the L2 is a...TYPO!! A typo!! Thanks for scaring the heck out of me. I insist the Dr. Becker be advised of Dr. Goodman's findings regarding to my L2...to NOT concentrate on my L2 with a Lazer beam; to not mess with the L2..PLEASE!!

WHEW!!

Appointments:

June 28, 2022 for a follow-up
August 3, 2022 for my next Treatment Shot

Bone Density (DEXA) CT scan TBD ASAP!!

It's been 2 weeks, at least since my last Image CT Scan, so I should be hearing from Dr. Becker's office to inform me when my Radiation Therapy begins. The sooner the better.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, that sounded like a bit a tense moment! Glad it was only a typo, for sure!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Boy, that sounded like a bit a tense moment! Glad it was only a typo, for sure!

Makes me wonder if the T12 and/or L4 are typos as well!! Makes me a bit shook up, to say the least. Something to pin down with Dr. Goodman at my next follow-up.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

My Radiation Therapy with Dr. Becker is scheduled now for May 23, 2022, at 8:30am every Monday-Friday for 28 sessions!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My very first Radiation Therapy, which was done on May 23, 2022, at 8:30am by Dr. Michael Becker, Radiation Oncologist. So, this was the first of 28 Radiation Therapy sessions. My sessions are Monday-Friday at 8:30am; there was no session in observation of Memorial Day.

First treatment lasted about 30 minutes, it entailed setting up the machine, which delivers my Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT). The equipment is called Rapid Arc, well, that's the label that's on this specific equipment.

Once the setup was completed, the Radiation Therapy lasts only 15 minutes. Not pictured are two large wing looking things that once employed on either side of me, the entire contraption rotates twice taking pictures of my insides.

There's a very large round equipment that's right above my head, is what delivers my Radiation Therapy. It circles me twice, and the table that I'm lying on is very unique because that table doesn't block the treatment whatsoever.

There's a low humming throughout the entire session. My feet are strapped together, and I hold a plastic ring to ensure that I don't move. So, once I lay down on the previously mentioned table, two Radiation Techs move my body this way and that way after I've pulled down my shorts, of which one of the Techs lay a modest coverage of my groin area. They push me this way and that way until I'm in the proper position. I've three tattoos on my skin...one on either side of my hips, and one center under my belly button by about 4 inches. These tattoos are known as Target Markers...they don't wash away because they've some type of tape that's right over each tattoo, and those tape appear to be stuck on me for life.

I visit with Dr. Becker each Friday to discuss many things. When we talked last Friday, he addresses my concerns over the alleged L2, is only a typo per Dr. Goodman, my Medical Oncologist, of which Dr. Becker isn't concerned with at this time, he's concentrating on the Prostate only. After my 28th Radiation Therapy Session, he'll order an MRI to address my T12 and L4.

Thus, so far, as of this update, I've completed 6 Radiation Therapy Sessions, with 22 more sessions to go.

I've an unattractive picture of myself done right after the end of my very first session with me lying on top of that earlier described table...I just don't know how to add it to this post or if I want to.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post it if you want, Bob! But no pressure. Thanks for the update. When is the last of the 28 treatments scheduled?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Post it if you want, Bob! But no pressure. Thanks for the update. When is the last of the 28 treatments scheduled?

The last Radiation Therapy is June 30, 2022. What Radiation Therapy might follow after June 30th, hasn't been determined as of yet.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Patrick wrote:

The last Radiation Therapy is June 30, 2022. What Radiation Therapy might follow after June 30th, hasn't been determined as of yet.

No Radiation Therapy today!!

Dr. Becker's on vacation this week in Kuai, HI. The Doctor that's scheduled to cover for Dr. Becker this week was a no-show this morning when I arrived; still an hour and a half away....not a good sign.

Instead of showing up later today, I opted to show up my regular time tomorrow morning; hopefully that covering Doctor will be ON TIME FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK!!

With this, that means that my last day of Radiation Therapy is now July 1, 2022.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 20 of 28
Jump to: