Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ramymensa
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD ... I am so happy for you. What great news to read. So thrilled, I'me besides myself. You will get your strenght back, you will get your life back, as it used to be. You managed to mawashi geri this horrible thing and now you are getting back on your feet. May your recovery be smooth. Many many hugs

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While reading your post, ramymensa, I started to tear up because you've also been in my corner with everyone else here at KF throughout my continued fight with my prostate cancer, and seeing your warm smile and your big red nose, it means everything to me as you and everyone here at KF.

THANK YOU!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still haven't heard from the Financial Department of Dr. Goodman's practice, in regard to my Eligard shot, and a possible Grant that pays for the shot. That shot costs $15,572 EACH.

My first year with Dr. Goodman's patients receiving Eligard and the like didn't have to make any payments because we had a Grant. Second year, there was no available Grant to pay for the shot due to the fact that there was no money available for any Grants, for which we had to meet our out-of-pocket, which for me was $2,500.

There is the beginning of my third year and the Financial Department is still waiting to find out if any Grants might be available this year. I was informed when I went to speak to the Financial Department that they'd not heard anything yet. I did fill out, as I do every year, a Financial Assistance form.

Fingers crossed!! Until then, my last shot, which was on April 5, 2023, I was told to not make any payment until they hear back about any Grants. If there's no Grants, then I'll pay $50 to $100 a month. My out-of-pocket is now only $1,000 this year. I've been assured that my shot will NEVER be refused!!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good (re: the last paragraph). Obviously, it's something to worry about, but hopefully that alleviates some of it. Thanks for the update.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On April 5, 2023 I had my treatment shot with Eligard 30mg. As a reminder, I receive my Treatment Shot once every 4 months. Surprisingly, my treatment shot that day was done in the morning instead of the normal afternoon.

Yet, as of late, no matter the amount of prepping for my treatment shot in taken, those last seconds seem for longer because of the excruciating pain. Shot's given to my left triceps directly into my tissue.

Next treatment shot will be somewhere on August 2023.

Picture below is of the prepping materials conducted at Dr. Goodman's office:

Link below is some details as to the procedure:

https://www.drugs.com/pro/eligard.html

Last edited by sensei8 on Wed May 03, 2023 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Bob. Even if it's just for a few seconds, it sounds intense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Sorry Bob. Even if it's just for a few seconds, it sounds intense.

Thank you, Patrick. It is what it is unfortunately.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Dr. Goodman this morning. My PSA is still at ZERO, which is great news. My bloodwork came back with Dr. Goodman telling me that he likes everything he saw, and that we're right on track to make me much better.

What's unusual is that I not only saw Dr. Goodman, but I also received my Eligard treatment shot. I normally visit with Dr. Goodman weeks before I get my treatment shot.

Dr. Goodman told me that my LAST treatment shot is this November. After that, Maintenance Treatments. I'll still do follow-ups with Dr. Goodman every 3-4 months.

It was a pleasant surprise to see Dr. Goodman WITHOUT a mask. Guess what? He looks just like the pictures I've seen of him before.

On a Side note:

*I've my very first Colonoscopy on August 16th. Not looking forward to that. I pray that the results of that exam come back NEGATIVE!!

*I've an appointment in September with a Neurologist. More than likely with some MRIs schedules...I just do not like MRIs because I'm extremely claustrophobic.

*Physical Therapy n my right shoulder is showing promising improvements even though the shoulder isn't 100%, if it'll ever be.

*Have 2 referrals for more Physical Therapy in the works:
>To increase my mobility and strength
>Evaluation for my DME Medical Scooter

Other than that, I'm fit as a fiddle!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colonoscopies are no fun at all, Bob. Good on you for not having to get one until now. Hopefully, it comes back negative. What are they looking for?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Colonoscopies are no fun at all, Bob. Good on you for not having to get one until now. Hopefully, it comes back negative. What are they looking for?

Wish I could say it was just a routine exam, but I'd be lying. Found blood in my stool, however, the day of collection I was bleeding from that area die to my IBS. Another reason for having a colonoscopy is that I've not had the procedure until now, when I should've had a colonoscopy when I was 50 years old, and I'm 65 now.

Dumb reason I kept putting it off lies all around the prep you have to drink, which has been described one of the worse tasting things on planet earth. However, the prep drink is far better. You take 4 Dulcolax pills, 2 now 2 later, and you mix 238grams of Mirolax in 64 ounces of Gatorade over a prescribed time the day before...Looks like me and the toilet will be inseparable that day.

I too pray that the exam comes negative, which it should be because we've not family history of any colon cancer. Besides, I pray all day every day that the Lord prevent any other types of cancer come to me ever again!! No lie...I'm scared to death!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28
Jump to: