Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
You can find Vitamin supplements at most grocery stores, and I believe they have recommended dosages on the packages. I'd start there at the least, so you can get a start on it. If the doc wants to up the dosage, then take more. But I don't think you can go wrong just getting some and starting.

Solid post!! Thank you, Brian!!

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
I was just checking on my Urologist portal to check to see if they've responded to my last email...which they've not read yet. So I sent a 2nd email; I've my fingers crossed. I was instructed to get Vitamin D and Calcium, BUT, what type of Vitamin and Calcium as well as their dosages?!?!

While I was in the portal, I found out that my Urologist sprung on me an unaware new appointment for this Friday, September 4, 2020 at 8:30AM. I was under the impression that I didn't have an appointment until November. I've just sent an email trying to find out its purpose.

Not sure on brands you have over in the States but I don't think there is much difference between most store vitamins. They all should give you recommendations on the pack for how many to take and when.

If you have any specific questions feel free to message me as my sister is a pharmacist here in the UK and I can ask her what she thinks.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
I was just checking on my Urologist portal to check to see if they've responded to my last email...which they've not read yet. So I sent a 2nd email; I've my fingers crossed. I was instructed to get Vitamin D and Calcium, BUT, what type of Vitamin and Calcium as well as their dosages?!?!

While I was in the portal, I found out that my Urologist sprung on me an unaware new appointment for this Friday, September 4, 2020 at 8:30AM. I was under the impression that I didn't have an appointment until November. I've just sent an email trying to find out its purpose.

Not sure on brands you have over in the States but I don't think there is much difference between most store vitamins. They all should give you recommendations on the pack for how many to take and when.

If you have any specific questions feel free to message me as my sister is a pharmacist here in the UK and I can ask her what she thinks.

Solid post!!

Yes, and thank you....if I've any specific questions I'll forward them to you, Danielle...like this one...

What's the difference between 5K and 50K IU?? What is a IU?? If my Urologist wanted me to have 50K IU, he would've written a prescription when he wrote the BICALUTAMIDE prescription. Here in the USA, a prescription has to be written for a 50K IU.

I'll ask my Urologist tomorrow morning, for sure.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first visit with my Oncology this morning September 4, 2020 at 8:30AM.

Things are still quite positive in that both my Urologist and Oncologist are on the same page. Spoke with the that doctor for about 30 minutes.

I only take the Bicalutamide pill for 30 days!! The shot, well, I continue it every 3 months for the next 2-3 years, at least.

I did LAB work today for my PSA Levels.

Quite depressing...

>CBC w/Differential EVERY 2 weeks until 3/4/2022

>CT ABDOMEN & PELVIC WITH CONTRAST EVERY 12 weeks until 3/4/2022

>CT Chest w/Contrast EVERY 12 weeks until 3/4/2022

>Comprehensive Metabolic Panel EVERY 2 weeks until 3/4/2022

>NM Bone Scan - Total Body Delayed EVERY 12 weeks until 3/4/2022

>PSA EVERY 2 weeks until 3/4/2022

>Testosterone EVERY 2 weeks until 3/4/2022

***CT Scan November 6, 2020 1PM

***Bone Scan appointment not given as of yet, but it'll be made before November 20, 2020.

Urologist ruled out Chemo and Surgery, but the Oncologist is on the same page, however, nothing is ever ruled out until the fights been won!!

I'm having a much more appreciation of a Pin Cushion, nowadays.

Last edited by sensei8 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine what it's like Bob, going through all this testing and waiting. I'm praying for you, my friend.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
DWx wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

Solid post!!

Yes, and thank you....if I've any specific questions I'll forward them to you, Danielle...like this one...

What's the difference between 5K and 50K IU?? What is a IU?? If my Urologist wanted me to have 50K IU, he would've written a prescription when he wrote the BICALUTAMIDE prescription. Here in the USA, a prescription has to be written for a 50K IU.

IU is just a unit of measure, like lb or g, but its defined per substances. 50K IU would be a high dose... I presume of vitamin D?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
DWx wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

Solid post!!

IU is just a unit of measure, like lb or g, but its defined per substances. 50K IU would be a high dose... I presume of vitamin D?

Yes, it's a Vitamin D, but not sure what type of D; Oncologist said they will tell be after the blood work results come back.

Is the Calcium just Calcium, or is there a dose level for that too??

Thank you, Danielle!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I can't imagine what it's like Bob, going through all this testing and waiting. I'm praying for you, my friend.

Thank you very much, Brian!! Yeah, I've a new found respect for a pin cushion.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a phone call from my Oncologist pertaining my concerns over Vitamin D and Calcium dosages.

Doses:

*Vitamin D3 1,000 IU [Minimum---no higher than 5,000 IU]. My Vitamin D in my body is GREAT.

*Calcium 1200mg

Both are 1X Daily.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appointment Scheduled
Appointment Information:
Visit Type: Adult New Patient
Date: 6/24/2021
Dept: Oncology Clinic OC
Time: 11:00 AM

I understand they've my best interest in this fight, nonetheless, I'm never given a heads-up when they spring a new appointment on me: The WHAT and WHY escapes me. This isn't the first surprise appointment, either.

This appointment is 9 months away!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 4 of 28
Jump to: