Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, that is unfortunate. Keep looking though; hopefully, something comes to the fore soon. I'll be praying for you in the meantime!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Hmmm, that is unfortunate. Keep looking though; hopefully, something comes to the fore soon. I'll be praying for you in the meantime!

Thank you, Brian!! Just tired of having one door after another slammed in my face!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Lab work this morning. Lab work must always been completed prior to any Scan. So it makes since, somehow and someway, to do Lab today because I've Bone Scan and CT Scan on February 9, 2021, starting at 8am.

Then, Lab again, on the same day that I visit my Oncologist on February 19, 2021. No Lab that day either, due to a schedule oversight; Lab BEFORE any Scan, and not same day. I was told that the Lab helps with the Scan parameters and such.

I should be getting another shot of LEUPROLID the same day, February 19, 2021, because it's been 3 months since my last shot back on November 20, 2020. I hope that that shot is administered to my arm and NOT to my hip; that shot in the hip is NOT fun at all.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope and pray everything goes well, Bob!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Bob. Hope the results are what you are hoping for.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ramymensa
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am baffled to read all this. Came back after a pretty long absence and find out that you, one of the pillars of this community have to go through this ordeal

You are STRONG, it's a horrible war you're battling, but you are STRONG. Cancer is not something to kid about, but you live here, in the US and have more chances to better care. I lost both my grandparents to cancer in the last years, but it was in a country that's still not there when it comes to healthcare. So I pray that getting access to good doctors and a stronger healthcare system will do the trick.

Let me know if you'd like to chat. Whatever helps you go through this loneliness and scare. I cannot help too much, but I can listen to you and maybe make you smile.

I'm sending you so many hugs, you cannot find room in your house for them

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, February 9, 2021, was Scan day; Bone and CT.

Went through the normal check in procedure at 730am; which has 2 parts; financials and the like.

Took a ride up the 3rd floor, where Nuclear Medicine is located. Checked in there at 8am. Was ushered to the back; this is where the IV is inserted...top of my left hand, at 830am. That went well. This Tech/Nurse doesn't pass me off to anyone else in this department; she inserted the IV, Dye, and she will conduct my Bone Scan; she's 25 years experience, I feel comforted with knowing that.

Now it's the waiting game; that IV contains Radioactive Dye, of which I have to wait 2.5 hours for the Dye to go through my body. This Dye allows the Scan to take pictures of whatever the Doctor has ordered. It's the waiting that can drive me batty, but what's one to do.

Bone Scan will begin at 1030am!!

During this waiting time, I'm instructed to go down to the 1st floor; that's where I can find Radiology...I found it...I've been there before. So, I check int there...15 minutes later, the CT Technician has come to take me to the CT Scan room.

It's roughly about 840am.

Have you ever done an MRI? There are several types of MRI machines. but for the most part, the patient is moved in and out of a tube like machine. If you're claustrophobic, that procedure can be quite unsettling, to say the least. I'm severely claustrophobic!!

While the CT only took 10 minutes, it seems far much longer due to my being claustrophobic. Tech took the necessary scans, inserted more medicine in my IV; it was cold. In and out of the scanner I went, and every few minutes, that scanner would talk to me..."Please inhale deeply, and hold your breathe"..."Breathe normally". During this, I can peak through small slits at the Scanner, and I can see the Scanner spinning right over me. All done now. The worse is still to come, in that regards.

So, now I'm back upstairs at Nuclear Medicine; it's about 905am; sitting in a TV room to watch some TV; time doesn't go faster while watching TV. While watching TV, that Tech/Nurse now removes my IV; it's done it's job, so therefore, it's no longer needed.

1030am; Bone Scan time!

I will be inside of 2 different machines, the first is the worse of the two due to me being claustrophobic. In any Scan, your movements are restricted one way or another, and the Scanner is right in your face. Turn your head this way and that way...holding that posture for 5 minutes, which this lasted for 15 minutes.

Whew, I survived that. The light was left on and they kept talking to me; there's about 3 Techs assisting my Tech/Nurse.

Now to the next Scanner. This ones not as bad because it's a bit more open, yet, the scanner and all is in my face, and my movements are restricted. This part of the Bone Scan takes 20 minutes. During this procedure, I'm very, very slowly moved out of the Scanner machine...one moment at a time.

I can track progress by looking up and slightly back at roofing ceiling tiles and vents and lights. Otherwise, I'd have no idea that there doing anything, and that I'm just laying here wondering. Finally, the scanner is out of my face, and I can breathe once again. This scan takes scans from the top of my head to toes.

All done. 5 minutes later, the Doctor says that the all the scans are complete. There's always a chance that certain procedures have to be redone for one reason or another.

Bone Scan and CT Scan are complete!!

Results forthcoming when I see my Oncologist, and Lab Work on February 19, 2021!! My hopes are that my PSA has not raised, that it's still at 1.6 or lower. Hopes that my cancer is STILL NOT AGGRESSIVE!! I pray for great news from my Oncologist.

For next 24 Hours, I had to stay 15 feet minimum away from Linda and Nathan at home; I’m was radioactive!!

I've great faith in the Great Physician!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, Bob, quite the day! I'm glad you came through it ok. I've had an MRI, and it was not fun. I'm claustrophobic, too, and they had to reschedule me for a bigger machine in order to get it done. Still, not fun. I hope and pray all your results come out well!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Bob. The waiting is stressful, I'm sure. Will be sending positive vibes.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, ramymensa, Brian, and Patrick for all of your very supportive and encouraging words; means everything to me.

On another note, I received my 2nd Covid-19 vaccine yesterday!! My wife, Linda, and our son, Nathan are STILL waiting to receive their 1st Covid-19 vaccine. My left shoulder, at the injection point, is very sore this morning; I had to put on a tank-top to prevent my t-shirt from rubbing up against it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 8 of 28
Jump to: