Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that you received your second shot, Bob! Hope you get good news on Friday.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

On February 19, 2021, my wife, Linda, and I meet with my Oncologist in order to discuss my Scan results. These meetings always make me so nervous; the unknown can rest so unsettling on my sleeve.

>Cancer remains stable; everything

>Cancer, a very tiny, tiny spot, is ONLY on my L4 vertebrae. Which is located at the very bottom of my spine, just above L5, which is the very lowest vertebrae. The L4 myotome is a group of muscles controlled by the L4 spinal nerve and includes parts of several muscles in the back, pelvis, thigh, leg, and foot

>Bone and CT Scans are GOOD; treatment is right on track

>PSA went DOWN from 1.6 to 0.86

>Testosterone, which is the protein that the cancer cells feed off, level is NOW AT 43. This is good and bad, depending on which side one wants to know about. Decreases in testosterone can lead to physical changes including the following: increased body fat. decreased strength/mass of muscles. fragile bones. I'm still doing whatever necessary to lose the weight...I still feel strong...I take calcium for bone strength.

>NO CHEMO

>Radiation MIGHT be possible...maybe

>The shot, LEUPROLID, still every 3 months; I will get that shot on February 25, 2021

>Continue exercise and diet

>This week my team will be meeting to discuss what our next treatments plan(s) might or might not be. One, is to discuss if I'll be put back on the pill, BICALUTAMIDE 50mg

>Great chance that we'll beat the cancer. However, it's too early to use the word "Remission", as of yet

Revisit will be on May 28, 2021 with my Oncologist.

So, that's it for this update. Thank you for allowing me to share this fight with you all!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like things are looking up, Bob! Great news!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bob,

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like an overall positive update. Good to hear.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
>The shot, LEUPROLID, still every 3 months; I will get that shot on February 25, 2021

Once I checked in and paid my co-pay around at 0930, I say in the waiting room for me to be called in. I waited about 45 minutes, and I was starting to think they either forgot me, or they tried to call for me, and I wasn't in the waiting room...my water pills are necessary, yet, its timing isn't convenient, nor does it apologize.

50 minutes in total since I checked in, have passed. Irritating, for sure, but importantly vital. Leuprolid is stored in a freezer. Therefore, before any injection, it must first reach room temperature. Understandable! Can't imagine what that would feel like, well, I can imagine that but I'd prefer to not.

I'm ushered into the back my the nurse who's administrating the shot. Time for my negotiating skills to save my backside another assault. Last injection to my backside wasn't enjoyable at all because for half-hour my backside was on fire.

Nurse stuns me and asks me where would I like it?! I roll with that question, and inform the nurse that the first time for this shot was in my left shoulder; no lingering pain. Second shot was in my backside, and I shared to my nurse that that wasn't good for me at all. Nurse tells me that she hears that complaint quite a lot, and many nurses only know how to aim for the backside. Nurse verifies where my previous shots were given.

Nurse informs me of where I can have the injection can be administered. Backside...I don't want that again. Stomach...I don't relish that whatsoever. Either shoulder...BINGO! We've a winner!

Shot administered! No pain, no dull headaches; I'm on my way home.

Next shot will be on May 25, 2021.

Quote:
>This week my team will be meeting to discuss what our next treatments plan(s) might or might not be. One, is to discuss if I'll be put back on the pill, BICALUTAMIDE 50mg

This is a little disheartening. As of this post, I've not heard from my Oncologist Team, as of yet. I'll contact my Oncologist first thing tomorrow; time to reach out.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you got that shot situation figured out! Sounds like you had a good nurse there.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Bob. Good job following up with them.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received a phone call from my Oncologist referring to what my Team and my doctor decided the treatment plan.

RADIATION

No pill, which I was hoping for. I was hoping that Radiation was for a date in the far future. My doctor and the Team decided that this is the best path to go. This is primarily to prevent the cancer from becoming aggressive, of which the cancer isn't.

So....

Consult
Monday March 22, 2021
Arrive by 2:40 PM CST
Starts at 3:00 PM CST (1 hour)
SC Radiotherapy

It's then that I'll know just how often this might be. Hopefully, not that often; I'm cool with once every two weeks, or even better, once a month.

My insurance is covering my Radiation Treatments.

Am I scared?? YES!! I never do good with the unknown!! I've promised to too many people that I will not get on the internet to read. That's because I tend to be my own doctor, and I think the worse, and depending on what I read, I shut down for a moment.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your angst in regards to the radiation treatment, Bob. Hopefully, as you mention, it isn't terribly frequent and doesn't interfere with things much. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, Bob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 9 of 28
Jump to: