Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

tkd march
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad experience !!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkd march wrote:
bad experience !!!

Please let me take this opportunity to welcome you to KF!!

Archimoto
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: JKD / Muay Thai / TKD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjanurse wrote:
Maybe he sensed your intention to "see how I compared to them"....perhaps this contributed to what you experienced? On the other hand, I have have people come in to my school with a "silent agenda" and I have treated them just like any other new student that walks in. I don't even discuss their experience until I have seen them in white belt class several times....and if they "show their hand" I don't bite. Bad instructors are not exclusive to TKD-the are everywhere!

^so true.

I suspect that he sensed that you have past experience and was either miffed that you weren't up front about it or perhaps he paired you with a black belt to protect his junior students? Regardless, he's the professional and handled it very very poorly. Good luck finding a school. Hope it works out for you!

pwen arye
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Chinese kempo, CSW, Muay Thai, BJJ,Krav Maga

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame hollywood. A good chunk of sociopaths/insecure/crazy people join MA for the reason of becoming the invincible kung fu master that can break feeble humans like ones in movies. I am always wary of people like that teaching techniques used for deadly force. Kinda makes me want to become a therapist and see what makes these people tick.

Or maybe they just need a hug :'(

Anyway just brush off the dirt and move on to a better school. TKD was the first art that I have ever taken and I have plenty off fond memories about it. Plenty of good schools, just look for the diamond in the rough.

pwen arye
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Chinese kempo, CSW, Muay Thai, BJJ,Krav Maga

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archimoto wrote:
ninjanurse wrote:
Maybe he sensed your intention to "see how I compared to them"....perhaps this contributed to what you experienced? On the other hand, I have have people come in to my school with a "silent agenda" and I have treated them just like any other new student that walks in. I don't even discuss their experience until I have seen them in white belt class several times....and if they "show their hand" I don't bite. Bad instructors are not exclusive to TKD-the are everywhere!

^so true.

I suspect that he sensed that you have past experience and was either miffed that you weren't up front about it or perhaps he paired you with a black belt to protect his junior students? Regardless, he's the professional and handled it very very poorly. Good luck finding a school. Hope it works out for you!

He could have just asked if he had previous MA experience. Sorry but that is no excuse for having a top level student try to knock the guys block off in a first encounter. Every place I went to the first thing they ask you is "Do you have any previous MA training?". Oh and what's the matter withwanting to compare styles? He wasn't going in to challenge the instructor, he was there to see if his kicks were as efficient against a style known for it's powerful kicks.

Archimoto
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: JKD / Muay Thai / TKD

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwen arye wrote:
He wasn't going in to challenge the instructor, he was there to see if his kicks were as efficient against a style known for it's powerful kicks.

Quoting the great Steve Buschemi in ConAir: "define irony"

Obviously I don't condone how the instructor handled the situation. However, my "gray area" alarm is going off. Either way it's not worth getting hung up on. Perhaps it's a classic case of bad chemistry.

By the way, I totally agree with your advice of brushing off the dirt and moving. True words of wisdom!

samdaniels
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's right out of line. you are right to be annoyed. As for them not wanting you to come back, why would you want to anyway?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samdaniels wrote:
Yeah, that's right out of line. you are right to be annoyed. As for them not wanting you to come back, why would you want to anyway?

Welcome to KF; glad that you're here!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: